Official Review: What has Islam given to humankind?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mitchell Starc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitchell-starc.html
Latest Review: Bread Fat by Joseph Eldor

Official Review: What has Islam given to humankind?

Post by Mitchell Starc »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What has Islam given to humankind?" by Mamdouh Al-shikh.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What has Islam given to humankind? by Mamdouh Al-shikh is a religious book. Mamdouh Al-shikh is from the ancient lands of Egypt. He is a Muslim writer and convinces the other religions of the world that Islam is a peaceful religion. In this book, he discusses the gifts of religion Islam to the world.

The book consists of three chapters. In the beginning, the writer explains the basics of religion Islam like Attaqwa, Wahi, and many others. Definition and explanation of the word mercy are presented in the Islamic perspective. The writer provides references from the holy book of Muslims, Quran. He also provides the details of chapters. He also refers to the Bible at some locations. The whole book is based on the word civilization. The writer uses references from both Bible and Quran. Each page of the book consists of a religious reference. The writer highlights the blessings of religion Islam to the whole world. Islam is the last religion of the world and complete religion. Islam takes cares of every human being on planet earth and even animals.

This book is not an easy thing to understand because it is full of references of Quran. If a reader is not a Muslim, then he or she is going to find it difficult to understand. I am a Muslim, and this was pretty simple for me, and that is the reason I selected this book for the review. If someone is not having a religious background, then he is going to waste his time by reading this book.

I rate What has Islam given to humankind? 2 out of 4 stars. The book does not attract its targeted audience in an efficient way. This book is for non-Muslims in order to show them the blessings of religion Islam. The reason for which the book is not attractive is that it satisfies Muslims only. The writer was not conscious, or he has no knowledge of attracting other religions of the world. I am a Muslim, but still, I am criticizing the writer because I know how to attract other religions of the world.

I will recommend this book to all the religious readers of the world. People who are interested in religious debates can also read this book. Someone who is finding facts about Islam can also read this book.This book is also for Muslims so that they can strengthen their beliefs.

What has Islam given to humankind?
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mitchell Starc's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I'm not a Muslim, but I might check it out, out of pure curiosity. Too bad it's heavily geared towards readers of the Muslim faith.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Smokey3213
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Smokey3213 »

to study the Muslim faith to give you another outlook on life
GathuaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathuam.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by GathuaM »

Mitchell Starc wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 00:16 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What has Islam given to humankind?" by Mamdouh Al-shikh.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What has Islam given to humankind? by Mamdouh Al-shikh is a religious book. Mamdouh Al-shikh is from the ancient lands of Egypt. He is a Muslim writer and convinces the other religions of the world that Islam is a peaceful religion. In this book, he discusses the gifts of religion Islam to the world.

The book consists of three chapters. In the beginning, the writer explains the basics of religion Islam like Attaqwa, Wahi, and many others. Definition and explanation of the word mercy are presented in the Islamic perspective. The writer provides references from the holy book of Muslims, Quran. He also provides the details of chapters. He also refers to the Bible at some locations. The whole book is based on the word civilization. The writer uses references from both Bible and Quran. Each page of the book consists of a religious reference. The writer highlights the blessings of religion Islam to the whole world. Islam is the last religion of the world and complete religion. Islam takes cares of every human being on planet earth and even animals.

This book is not an easy thing to understand because it is full of references of Quran. If a reader is not a Muslim, then he or she is going to find it difficult to understand. I am a Muslim, and this was pretty simple for me, and that is the reason I selected this book for the review. If someone is not having a religious background, then he is going to waste his time by reading this book.

I rate What has Islam given to humankind? 2 out of 4 stars. The book does not attract its targeted audience in an efficient way. This book is for non-Muslims in order to show them the blessings of religion Islam. The reason for which the book is not attractive is that it satisfies Muslims only. The writer was not conscious, or he has no knowledge of attracting other religions of the world. I am a Muslim, but still, I am criticizing the writer because I know how to attract other religions of the world.

I will recommend this book to all the religious readers of the world. People who are interested in religious debates can also read this book. Someone who is finding facts about Islam can also read this book.This book is also for Muslims so that they can strengthen their beliefs.

What has Islam given to humankind?
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mitchell Starc's review? Post a comment saying so!
Nice review. I love the fact that this is book on Islam Being a muslim I will read it and try to gain more knowledge. I also do hope that non-muslims can read it to,so that they can understand the religion rather than rely on the negative potrayed by mainstream media nowadays. Jazzak allahu khair
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

You can check out my reviews. I would love to hear from you
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 09:52 I'm not a Muslim, but I might check it out, out of pure curiosity. Too bad it's heavily geared towards readers of the Muslim faith.
Same here! As an American, Muslim is almost a four letter word. There is so much misinformation out there in our media it is so hard to talk to anyone about a non-Christian religion these days. Of course, it is the right-wing Christians causing the majority of the difficulties in our country right now.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It sounds like the author made it a bit too complicated for those who don't know anything about Muslim. It's a shame because that's who he's trying to reach. Maybe the author can do some editing?
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
GathuaM
Currently Reading:

Post by GathuaM »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 09:52 I'm not a Muslim, but I might check it out, out of pure curiosity. Too bad it's heavily geared towards readers of the Muslim faith.
To help you out...you can read it like a novel and do not be afraid to highlight and ask where you did not understand.
pauljames_03
Currently Reading: The Prisoner and the Chaplain
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauljames-03.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by pauljames_03 »

I am actually not a Muslim, and your statements regarding the difficult terminologies and concepts used in the book. This could have been a vital piece for everyone who wanted to understand the intricacies and beliefs of the Muslim community. Thanks for the review, though.
Saleh0203
Favorite Book: And Then I Met Margaret
Currently Reading: The Anteater and the Jaguar
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saleh0203.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Saleh0203 »

The book is wonderful and distinct and away from suspicions about Islam
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

If it is well-written (regardless of if it would be difficult for a non-Muslim to understand) it is possible I would find it interesting. Comparative religions is one of my interests.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I understand your rating. If your target audience can't comprehend your concepts then your objective for the book has failed. Thank you for your honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”