Official Review: Happy Accidents

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Re: Official Review: Happy Accidents

Post by kislany »

This sounds like an interesting non-fiction motivational book for small businesses. Not exactly my genre, but I am known to pick up motivational books every now and then, so I might read this one as well. Thanks for a great review.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

SABRADLEY wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 01:56 I am glad for the success of the comedians and that their wildest dreams were actualized. Their success will hopefully continue by means of this book. While I appreciate hearing of others' good fortune, I can't really see myself connecting much with these authors or their story. I thought the review was wonderful, however! :tiphat:
Thanks reading, for your kind words, and commenting!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Yoli García

Post by Yoli García »

kislany wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 00:52 This sounds like an interesting non-fiction motivational book for small businesses. Not exactly my genre, but I am known to pick up motivational books every now and then, so I might read this one as well. Thanks for a great review.
Yes, I thought it was a good read for people with small businesses. I am glad you liked the review. Thanks for reading and commenting!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Yoli García

Post by Yoli García »

dtb wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 16:02 More and more I am hearing success stories about people who create their own opportunities. It is encouraging. Thanks for a great review.
I like motivational books because they are encouraging. I am glad you liked the review. Thanks for reading and commenting!

-Gabriel García Márquez
Yoli García

Post by Yoli García »

ViziVoir wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 19:45 I've always tried my hardest just to keep my options open, so the mindset of saying "yes" to opportunities and life in general is pretty familiar to me! Hopefully, these authors get another editorial review so the book can really shine.
Having a positive mindset is better for everything in life. Yes, the book would be excellent after a final editorial review. Thanks for reading and commenting!

-Gabriel García Márquez
Yoli García

Post by Yoli García »

stacie k wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 23:02 I like the idea of the engaging exercises in each chapter. We all learn better when we get to practice application. I’d be interested to find some of their comedy acts to get a better feel for who they are. The laughs would be a bonus, too! Thanks for a great review!
I usually enjoy motivational books that include exercises in the chapters. I think it is engaging. Thanks for reading, your kind words, and commenting!

-Gabriel García Márquez
Katiemhardy813
Currently Reading: The Martian
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiemhardy813.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Katiemhardy813 »

I'll definitely have to hit this up - hadn't heard of it before! Sounds like it has a lot in common with THE YEAR OF YES! by Shonda Rhimes, a book I really enjoyed.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Team building activities globally have become a source of daily bread for many enterprising individuals. Thanks for a great review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

A comedy show that inspires. This seems a rather unique turn of events. This motivates me to try harder to use my own talents and create my own happy accident. Thanks for the review.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Comedy is a good source of therapy. I would welcome 'happy accidents' in my life everyday.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The title of the book is the first thing that caught my eye. Never knew that happy accidents could exist until I saw this title. The story is a motivation that with hard work one can manage to achieve much in life.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”