Official Review: Lost in the Reflecting Pool

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: Official Review: Lost in the Reflecting Pool

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

vinodsai wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 02:54 Amazing Review. Diane's Memoir is Sad and at the same time Inspiring. I hope this memoir inspires others who go through these kinds of horrific situations. Nowadays we see these kinds of abusive relationships happening but only some women come out and share the story. I am glad she is out of that sick life and moved towards a happy and better life with the help of her dad, friends, and coworkers.
Thank you for the positive comments. I agree that I hope this memoir can help those who suffer to find healing and the courage to change their situation.
Jennifer Allsbrook

Masood khan wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 14:29 I would look forward to purchase this book and I'm emotionally connected with the story I would rate 4 stars for lost in the reflecting pool and appreciate the fact that women who handles this kind of pain is still surviving which makes me stronger to handle the issues and problems which I am facing in my life..
I agree that Diane's story can help women face the problems they might be facing. Good luck with your own journey.
monice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by monice »

Am glad she finally overcome her hardship
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

More suitable for women who are currently experiencing an abusive relationship and naive women so they may gain insight on steps to take towards the road to recuperation or precaution...Admirable review!
Jennifer Allsbrook

prettysmart wrote: 02 Mar 2018, 16:40 More suitable for women who are currently experiencing an abusive relationship and naive women so they may gain insight on steps to take towards the road to recuperation or precaution...Admirable review!
I agree with your synopsis. Thank you for the positive comments.
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

I really liked the fact that you used the word 'bubble' for happiness.

I'll love to give this book a read because it seems like it gets into the skin of its people, especially the female individual, which has become rare in this pop art era dominated by mass oriented cliches.

Great review!
Jennifer Allsbrook

rik17 wrote: 04 Mar 2018, 01:11 I really liked the fact that you used the word 'bubble' for happiness.

I'll love to give this book a read because it seems like it gets into the skin of its people, especially the female individual, which has become rare in this pop art era dominated by mass oriented cliches.

Great review!
I hope you do give this story a try. I found it very engrossing, and I pulled for Diane in so many ways. Thank you for the positive comments.
Lit2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lit2018.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lit2018 »

Lost in Reflecting Pool, Diane Pomerantz's memoir

I finished reading this book just recently and Diane's story really had a huge impact on me. It stirred a lot of emotions; compassion, hatred, courage, admiration. Though my marriage life is not like Diane's, still as a woman, I felt her pains & sufferings. Through the length of the story, there were many times that I wanted to pull Diane and tell her to leave her husband. He's not worthy of Diane's care and love. He's definitely a heartless person. Sometimes I even thought that perhaps he had a mental disorder and he's the one who needed psychiatric treatment. A sane husband surely can't afford to ignore his sick and dying wife.

I admire, really, really admire, Diane's patience and courage to go on...for their children. What she went through was not really easy but she conquered it all.

This story made my eyes swell,from crying. I couldn't help it. You must read it.
Elvis1+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Elvis1+ »

Today's the issue of relationship is very very vital. I have learnt something here. Its by the grace non by power
Thanks for the review.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I feel elated for Diane's moving on, but also saddened for her being a battered wife. Could it be considered she has reached that genre of the married state? I may not be all for this kind of book (I am more biased towards fiction---SciFi or fantasy, this world has enough realism) but if a window of reading opportunity presents itself, I might give it a try, given your enticing review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

Its not easy to share one's struggles, especially for a woman. This is inspiring.
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Marion Jepkosgei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marion-jepkosgei.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Marion Jepkosgei »

The review has already given me strength that I can surpass adversities. This is moving. Emotionally engaging in fact.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

I'd love to read this book. Thanks to your review, It was easy getting to that conclusion.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”