Featured Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Featured Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by Mindi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When No One Else Believed" by Ron Tripodo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I recently finished reading When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo, and I have to say, I was mesmerized! This is a very inspirational story of the author's own observance of God's miraculous healing powers.

Tripodo tells the story of a rare disease that his wife Patsy experienced several years back. In great detail, he describes events leading up to her sickness, the pain and turmoil he felt throughout her hospitalization, and her miraculous road to recovery.

At the beginning of the book, the author talked a bit about how he has gone through life suffering from extreme ADHD and was never able to organize his thoughts well. In recent years, he has been medicated for it, which helped him tremendously in putting his thoughts for this book together. I thought it was an interesting subject to cover, and he talked a bit about the mind and experiences of someone who has ADHD. It was interesting to read his thoughts, and the subject briefly was mentioned a few more times throughout the story. He brought it up a few times in relation to his wife's battle and how it affected his ability to cope at times.

I really enjoyed Tripodo's style of writing. He was very clear about his thoughts and easy to understand. I could sense his personality through his writing. He seems to have a very enthusiatic, optimistic personality and is not afraid to share it! He was not real formal with his writing. He explained things straight to the point, putting the reader at ease with his words. I felt like I was right there with him and was experiencing what he felt.

I had tears in my eyes many times while reading his account of Patsy's sickness and recovery. His faith in God and the faith and helpfulness of others around him were very inspirational to read about. I was thoroughly amazed with this story. At the end of the book, there was a short note from Patsy, and that added to the inspiration and emotions of the story.

There were very few grammatical errors in this book. A few times, I saw a misplaced comma or something very minute, but nothing that detracted from the story.

I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author did an exceptional job of telling his and his wife's story. For anyone who loves to read inspirational stories and examples of the miracles of God, check this book out!

When No One Else Believed
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mindi's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Not many couples can survive such a diagnosis. This book holds a lot of important life lessons for people in relationships.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I am not a fan of inspirational books, but life has taught me that miracles do happen as long as you believe and don't give up. Thank you for your review.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm intrigued by this book. I wonder what the diagnosis was and how she recovered. I do hope, though, that the author isn't saying God ALWAYS heals. Because that usually just ticks me off. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
hannyjay+++
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by hannyjay+++ »

When no one else believed by Ron is a great book. He is a great author. He's powerful book help people to believe and increase their faith in God.
It's shows the reality of God's healing power.
I support the writer
The book is very nice.
Thanks.
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

This book preaches about walking by faith and not by sight. Am happy to learn that Tripodo stuck by his wife, Patsy during her sickness throughout her recovery period....Fantastic review!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

This is one-man's account of the miracle he experienced when his wife was stricken with a fatal disease. A book conveying the author's observance of God's miraculous healing powers sounds like an inspiring read. It is impressive that he did such a good job of telling his and his wife's story despite his ADHD. Not my cup of tea, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

It's good to read a book where the author shares their experiences, especially in relation to an occurence either between friends or couple. Also how God's faithfulness worked in their health and life in general. This is an amazing and touching review.
Greta Morgan
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greta-morgan.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Greta Morgan »

Living with a disability is tough enough, but having to cope with an ill spouse can be devastating even under ideal circumstances. It sounds like this book really inspired you. I am glad you enjoyed it. Nice review.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I have not yet read the book but based on the incredibly crafted onlinebookclub.org review, I believe that this book will prove an interesting religious memoir.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

I love inspirational books especially the ones about the Christian faith. This one I am going to enjoy reading. I really want to read that chapter on his wife' challenges and how God helped them overcame it.
Tobbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobbs.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Tobbs »

This is a very inspirational writeup. These are the kinds of books I like to read. I also like the detailed review.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

Sounds like this couple overcame one of the strongest possible challenges to their faith and I can see why it would be renewed, given the miracles they experienced. The ADHD aspect adds another layer of interest to this work as I am curious to read about how the author handled each situation in the moment he was presented with it, and how his coping may have been different from others.
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Makena Mugendi »

What was touching to me was his love and faith, to announce that his wife was healed, and yet she was still ill and in a coma. I would love to read his approach to life and his belief in miracles. If its anything like i've already read, it's truly refreshing.
rfelice
Currently Reading: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rfelice.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by rfelice »

Having had many relatives suffer through and eventually succumb to terminal diseases a tale of triumph over a disease, especially a rare one provides a welcome respite.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”