Featured Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Re: Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by rave_2 »

The book sounds pretty interesting, based on the review. I admit, I don't read many of these stories, but I'll be sure to give it a try.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Yeosin Mary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Yeosin Mary »

When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo is a great inspiring book. The review is good too. I would love to read this book.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

Religious aspect of this sorta books, as a rule, makes hard reading. Good to know author able use wording that lights extremely heavy theme, although not my cup of tea.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

kandscreeley wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 08:47 I'm intrigued by this book. I wonder what the diagnosis was and how she recovered. I do hope, though, that the author isn't saying God ALWAYS heals. Because that usually just ticks me off. Thanks for the review.
Kandscreely, I am right there with you. I am always somewhat hesitant to read these kinds of books because they tend to make me cringe a bit. I am often left thinking about those who are not healed. It is wonderful to see how someone traverses a difficult time that ultimately has a happy ending. I just wish that a book that didn't have a "happy" ending could be seen as inspiring as well. However, I am glad the reviewer enjoyed and found merit in the book.
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. This sounds like a truly inspirational book about overcoming overwhelming circumstances through s true miracle, faith and love. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Kat Berg wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 14:32
kandscreeley wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 08:47 I'm intrigued by this book. I wonder what the diagnosis was and how she recovered. I do hope, though, that the author isn't saying God ALWAYS heals. Because that usually just ticks me off. Thanks for the review.
Kandscreely, I am right there with you. I am always somewhat hesitant to read these kinds of books because they tend to make me cringe a bit. I am often left thinking about those who are not healed. It is wonderful to see how someone traverses a difficult time that ultimately has a happy ending. I just wish that a book that didn't have a "happy" ending could be seen as inspiring as well. However, I am glad the reviewer enjoyed and found merit in the book.
I'm right there with you! And I think there are books out there where God doesn't heal that are inspiring. Sometimes people fight through their circumstances and illnesses and THAT is inspiring.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
halismom1016
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halismom1016.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by halismom1016 »

The book was very inspiring and the review makes it seem better and even more inspiring.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron

Post by Izesicle »

I'm glad that the review was positive. The theme and the cover showed promise. I'm thankful for the free copy. Like the reviewer, I feel that I'll also be inspired and touched.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris

Post by MarisaRose »

I’m not a huge fan of inspirational books, or books focused on God for that matter. However, I can see how this book may appeal to a large audience.
BookInspector300
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookinspector300.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BookInspector300 »

I'm greatly touched by the lessons I've gotten from this review. I'm kinda struggling with my own demons but books like this remind me that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

Great review. I do believe in miracles. This looks like a great book, but this is just not the type of books I read.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Happy Bunny
Currently Reading: Not Without My Sister
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Happy Bunny »

This book sounds full of promise, I can't wait to read about their story, and learn more about Patsy, her illness and her overcoming it. Many times this would tear couples apart, but not for them. Thanks for your review.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This book sounds wonderfully inspirational. I truly look forward to enjoying the spiritual enrichment I’ll receive.
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thank you for the interesting review. I won't be reading this book because I don't like religious style novels, but I'm sure many will enjoy this book.
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

though the story is quite different than expected from reading the title, such great review convinced me that i still need to read it. i'm curious w/ ADHD as well. good job!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”