Featured Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1029
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Re: Official Review: When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo

Post by MsTri »

Even though I'm usually a big fan of spiritually-based books, I don't think this one's for me. It could be that I don't like biographies, so even though this one has Godly elements, it's not calling to me. I am glad, though, that it seems his wife got the miracle she needed. I too have known people who got miraculous healings, so that's always wonderful to rejoice in.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I am glad the author was able to treat his condition and managed to write this book. I am also glad that his wife fully recovered from her illness. I do believe miracles can happen, and this is a proof of that. However, I am not into spiritual novels nor memoirs. Therefore, I think I'll skip this one. Nonetheless, thank you for the review.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

I cannot imagine having ADHD and my spouse having a serious illness and having to cope with all that! It is amazing how the author was able to pull himself together through all this and then write a book about it! Awesome person, all around, I'd say, though maybe he'd give more of the credit to God?!? :)
Cynge42
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Cynge42 »

Having recently lost my husband to a heart attack I have had my own journey of faith. Why have so many others survived their heart attacks while mine died at the age of 46?

Based on this review, I am looking forward to seeing how he coped with the love of his life being so sick, having his own difficulties to work through, and thankfully their happy ending.
mosero
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosero.html
Latest Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by mosero »

The review is very telling. Based on your insight I would recommend to a few people who I know would loved to sit and read through the same.
melvs
Currently Reading: Heaven and Earth
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melvs.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by melvs »

Truly amazing things happens whenever there is involvement of God's works. I remember this verse Romans 8:28 King James Version (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Sometimes there are things that you think it is already something really bad that happen to us, but the final thing is it will be for our betterment.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm not really into "miracles of God" books because I'm not religious (or even Christian), but I do enjoy the occasional inspirational novel, and it might be uplifting to see the author and his wife make it through such a horrible time. Thank you for the great review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
toribyers13
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toribyers13.html
Latest Review: What the River Wants by Arthur Byrd

Post by toribyers13 »

Your review just makes me want to read this book even more! I love the way you describe his writing and let us know it's a tear jerker without spoiling anything. I know I'll need some tissues as I read this book, inspiring stories like this always have me crying like a baby!
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

I'm not a fan of religious books, so this one isn't for me, but I'm sure plenty of people will be uplifted by its message. Thanks for the thoughtful review!
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Inspirational stories like this one have always been my point of interest. I appreciate the great work done by the author in sharing the miraculous work of God upon his family with his readers. I'll probably read this one later. Thanks for this great review.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Seems like a really good book. The way he presents his diagnosis and how he struggled can be applied by many to their own lives. Having a loved one sick is also something that others can relate to. Good review.
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by SJSharks »

I am excited to read this. I like non-fiction books and the fact that book centers on faith is something that is near and dear to my heart. I can't wait to delve more into this book especially after reading the official review.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

A love like the one this book portrays is a very rare gem. I love how you have mentioned his clarity on his thoughts and how the book is easy to understand despite being written by a disabled person. I love that you note the authors personality through his writing. I love books that awaken the humanity within and unlocks my emotions. Thank you for this beautifully written review. I can't wait to dive full body into this one.
BDTheresa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bdtheresa.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by BDTheresa »

When No One Else Believed by Ron Tripodo is an interesting novel. Not all couples can overcome such situation. He's great faith in God's miracle and his preservance is inspiring.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

When I saw the cover of this book, I immediately thought it was going to be one of those ultra-religious types of books. Then I read this review and I read the blurb and knew I was very wrong in my original assessment. I'm looking forward to reading this book when I can.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”