Review by bangun89 -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bangun89
2018 Reading Goal: 3
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 166
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bangun89.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review by bangun89 -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by bangun89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

FROM DRIFT TO SHIFT –
HOW CHANGE CAN BRING TRUE MEANING AND HAPPINESS TO YOUR WORK AND LIFE

Written by Jody B. Miller, 2017. Published in New York, New York, by Morgan James Publishing.

FROM DRIFT TO SHIFT is a motivational book that gives enlightenment to its readers. The writer promise after reading this book, the reader will get the information, insight, and inspiration that they need to find meaning, fulfillment, and happiness in their work and in their life. The reader will learn pursue their true purpose both professionally and personally.

There are various life stories of some people who inspire to find a meaningful live and to reach happiness. The people in this book have the courage to make changes so that they can live lives of true meaning and happiness. Some have suffered challenges, failures and loss, but they have ultimately triumphed and are living vibrant lives.

Shifts are often needed during times of pain, survival, or exploration. When we make a shift in our lives, we are bound to get the better of the end.

We all want to connect in a meaningful way with our careers, our relationships, and with the communities in which we live. As we shift in our careers, we take on roles and identities. When we make shifts in our personal lives: whether we marry, we have children, we become empty nester, our health changes, or someone passes; we must adjust and take on new roles. Embrace them and continue on the path toward a life of happiness. In a way our lives are always shifting, sometimes suddenly and other times gradually. If we accept and go with the flow of these shifts, we experience a happier existence. It's like following the path of least resistance while acknowledging the signs that signal change. When we make a shift in our career or personal lives, we develop new rituals and routines that guide us. If they feel right, we can be assured that we have chosen the right turn in the road. Shifts are not always easy and may not seem to have happy ending; yet, we learn so much when we do shift and when we adapt to that shift, we can find happiness. The key is to act, no matter the outcome. If we do not act, we simply do not move forward toward who we are meant to be. The incredible people in this book found a way to take tiny steps and big steps, small movements and radical turns, in order to make their shift to the ones they are today - the best of themselves. That is the message conveyed by this book.

The writer has success to bring her promise. This book is very inspiring, enlightening and encouraging. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bangun89's review? Post a comment saying so!

EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 25
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 92
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Parallels in Autocracy by Wolfgang Mack

Post by EvaDar »

I liked your review. I agree some aspects were inspiring. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, but appreciated many things. Check out my review if you like. Thanks. viewtopic.php?f=114&t=55189
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”