Review by brenda1992 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
brenda1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda1992.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Review by brenda1992 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by brenda1992 » 21 Jan 2018, 05:11

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rob White. And Then I Met Margaret
Mind adventure press: Boston, MA

And Then I Met Margret is a nonfiction inspirational, educating yet entertaining series of stories about the author Rob White and the different people he has encountered in his life that have impacted his personal transformation that he calls gurus. He begins his stories by introducing us to professional gurus and motivational speakers like Stephen Corey, author of 7 Habits books and the wisdom they shared with him and then the likes of Margret, Debbie the "unexpected gurus" that offered him opportunities to understand himself and life. He goes in detail to show us how through his life from childhood this unexpected gurus have surfaced in his life to give him a different outlook on life and deeper understanding of himself.

Each of the 21 chapters introduces you to different myths, the author's encounter with one of the unexpected gurus in a short yet rich detailed story that ends with a lesson but also a better alternative to the myths and as you read through from chapter to chapter, it’s a smooth continuation into the authors life even if the rest of the characters keep on changing and you find it easy to relate to him and also view your own life encounters, experiences and challenges in a new perspective.

I love the authors style in writing this book, he gave it a good tone and pace that captivates you and at the end of each chapter you want to know what happened next, the new guru, the new adventure undertaken by the author and when will you get to meet Margaret and know what great role she plays. When you get to meet Margret down through the chapters, you become impressed and get to appreciate the simple, young, innocent encounter that leaves a profound transformation on the author and why she is the cherry on top of all his encounters with the unexpected gurus.

I like how each chapter is written, with a proper beginning, good ending and although each chapter is a unique story together they form a chain of series that are easy to follow. In each story it’s easy to envision the author, the characters and the setting he is trying to portray to his audience hence bringing them to life and also you get to personally know him, the people closest to him like his family.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, I enjoyed reading this book, it had good organization which helped me to easily relate to each individual story and I also believe that at least one if not all the stories in this book are relatable to all categories of people hence I recommend it for everyone especially those seeking some good inspiration.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like brenda1992's review? Post a comment saying so!

kdstrack
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 37
Currently Reading: The Pardon
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by kdstrack » 29 Jan 2018, 20:48

Glad you enjoyed the book. You point out that there is a story for everyone in this book. Nice job. Thanks.

BookishCreature
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 86
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: Halo Jumping by Somer Burgess

Post by BookishCreature » 30 Jan 2018, 12:50

Nicely done! I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. :) I liked the structure of the book as well.

Eva Darrington
2018 Reading Goal: 18
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 38
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html
Latest Review: Living in the Space of Light by Caarna

Post by Eva Darrington » 09 Feb 2018, 17:19

I enjoyed reading your review. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, but the organization of the chapters was appealing, as was the writing style. I felt the author was a good storyteller. I was challenged by the elite nature of the content in many of the stories near the end of the book. This and the author's arrogance were hard for me to get past. Check out my review if you like. Thanks.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. -Scott Adams

Mommareads14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Mommareads14 » 18 Mar 2018, 13:13

Do to the review I saw I really wish to read this book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”