Official Review: Your Heart House by Aarush Manchanda MD

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Official Review: Your Heart House by Aarush Manchanda MD

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Your Heart House" by Aarush Manchanda MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Your Heart House by Aarush Manchanda MD is a self-help book filled with detailed information about the heart and the problems associated with it. This book is broken down into eight sections which discuss the six different parts of the heart, its potential problems, and ways of treating those problems.

The book starts with an introduction of how to use the book and an explanation of “Your Heart House”. “Your Heart House” is an analogy the author uses that compares a house to your heart. Then, it goes through a general overview of the heart and its problems. The next three to eight sections take one of the six parts of the heart, like the heart’s rhythm or heartbeat, and explains how it works. Then, it discusses common problems with each part, and what causes these problems. In this case, bradycardia, where the heartbeat is slower than normal, is one of the problems and one of the factors that can cause this is an infection. The diagnoses and treatment options are discussed afterward, and lifestyle tips are included at the end of each chapter. So, one of the ways to diagnose bradycardia is with an EKG or electrocardiogram and to treat it, a pacemaker would be inserted into you. Also, one of the lifestyle tips that the author includes is to stop smoking since smoking exacerbates the problem.

What I liked best about this book were the simple, but detailed explanations of the different parts of the heart and the problems that can plague it. The book is set up in a way that it’s easy to read only a section that you’re interested in. However, I think that reading the entire book would be beneficial for anyone. After all, heart disease is the number one killer in not only the United States but also the world. Most of the information is broken down into very basic terms, but medical terminology is also included. If you are still confused by the medical terminology, there is a glossary in the back of the book that helps to alleviate any confusion.

Moreover, the chapters are short and include vivid illustrations that are simple to follow and comprehend. The illustrations help to enhance the text and there are charts that help to break down information more thoroughly. For example, there is a chart that lists the medical terminology of a heart attack on one side and on the other side explains, in layman’s term, what happens during a heart attack. There is also a mini summary at the end of almost every chapter that helps to condense all the information into a short paragraph. I especially enjoyed the fun facts that were included, like the fact that the heart does the most physical work of any muscle during a lifetime.

Overall, I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I like how the book compares the heart to a house because it helps to simplify something very complex into something that is easy to understand. I also didn’t notice any grammatical errors either. Since heart disease is the number one cause of death in the world, I would recommend this book to everyone, especially to those with a heart problem.

Your Heart House
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble | on iTunes

Like ZenaLei7's review? Post a comment saying so!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

This seems like one of the good bookshelf books that we turn to on occasion, are glad we have, but don't really read all the way through. Thanks for the review. :)
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:

Kat Berg wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 13:19 This seems like one of the good bookshelf books that we turn to on occasion, are glad we have, but don't really read all the way through. Thanks for the review. :)
Thanks for commenting!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Heart health is very important. This sounds like a good book for all of us to learn more about something that affects so many. You gave us great information. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:

kandscreeley wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 16:52 Heart health is very important. This sounds like a good book for all of us to learn more about something that affects so many. You gave us great information. Thanks.
Yes it is. Thanks for commenting!
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

This book is for everyone. A must read. The difference between the Car Alternator and Human heart is the Alternator can be easily replaced. You can have it anywhere when your car needed it. But the heart when something wrong happened and needed to be replaced, so bad if you can find it easily. The book should be out all over the world. Most Medical Doctors should read it. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:

BookHausJ wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 05:00 This book is for everyone. A must read. The difference between the Car Alternator and Human heart is the Alternator can be easily replaced. You can have it anywhere when your car needed it. But the heart when something wrong happened and needed to be replaced, so bad if you can find it easily. The book should be out all over the world. Most Medical Doctors should read it. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for commenting!
Yaone
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yaone.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by Yaone »

A good book that help us recognize and pay attention to a vital part of our life. Thank you for the review.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:

Yaone wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 23:51 A good book that help us recognize and pay attention to a vital part of our life. Thank you for the review.
Thanks for commenting!
Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>
Currently Reading: Breaking Point
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umm-zahra.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Umm_Zahra »

This is relevant with the increasing rate of heart diseases among the younger generation. The illusion that heart ailments are for oldies doesn't stand anymore. Thanks for a lovely review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

A book that speaks about heart disease is such a refreshing read. I could learn a few things about my health from it.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”