Official Review: Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Trag...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Official Review: Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Trag...

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph by Bridgid Ruden is a memoir. When Brigid gets in a bicycle accident, it causes severe traumatic brain injury. She goes from being a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to being unable to speak clearly in a matter of seconds. She has to go through several surgeries to save her life. When she finally regains consciousness, she has the brain function of a three year old. She has to learn everything all over again. This memoir is her tale of recovery. It shows us how she uses determination to overcome her obstacles. She starts out waking up barely being able to communicate. She triumphs by going from garbled speech and not remembering words for things to speaking coherently and writing this book.

While healing is never truly complete for those who survive traumatic Brain Injury, Brigid shows us how it can be possible to overcome many of the obstacles that occur with determination and a little faith. She details her journey to healing through the ups and downs. She shows us the triumphs she experiences and the setbacks.

We are shown how her loving family is there to support her along the way. She even details the care given to her by her medical care professionals. This gives us a unique look into the care provided to those who survive a traumatic brain injury from a patient's perspective.

I could not put this book down. It is inspirational. I like that it showed Bridgid's frustration at herself and how she overcomes her obstacles. If you want a book to inspire you this us it. I think this would also be a good book for those who know someone who has survived traumatic brain injury. I also think this would be a good book for care professionals to read as it is written by one of their own who has survived such injury.

This book was professionally edited and I found no errors. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was a triumph of the author to even write this book. I believe Bridgid has much to teach us with her story. I'm sure when she first regained consciousness a book like this probably couldn't even be imagined. However, as she has done so many times, she has shown us that what others couldn't imagine her doing she will do, and more.

Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Insightsintobooks729's review? Post a comment saying so!
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I'm moved. Bridgid's tenacity is admirable. For her to pull through after such an ordeal surely makes for a good story.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I agree with mercy. I'm moved by the positive attitude with which she approaches her injury. This sounds inspirational for all. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Insightsintobooks729

Mercy Bolo wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 14:09 I'm moved. Bridgid's tenacity is admirable. For her to pull through after such an ordeal surely makes for a good story.
It was, thank you for the reply.
Insightsintobooks729

kandscreeley wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 15:03 I agree with mercy. I'm moved by the positive attitude with which she approaches her injury. This sounds inspirational for all. Thanks!
You're welcome. Her story is very inspiring.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Without her loving family it's really hard to recover. They supported her along the way. And despite of all this things Bridgid was able to do it. It's really tough. I believe that God has cured her for a purpose. He knows that she can do a lot of things to help all mankind. Nice review. Thanks.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Insightsintobooks729

BookHausJ wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 23:34 Without her loving family it's really hard to recover. They supported her along the way. And despite of all this things Bridgid was able to do it. It's really tough. I believe that God has cured her for a purpose. He knows that she can do a lot of things to help all mankind. Nice review. Thanks.
I completely agree, and thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”