Official Review: The Seduction of Religion by Paul Singh

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookW0rM1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Seduction of Religion by Paul Singh

Post by BookW0rM1 »

It's nice to have a book that x-rays the most important institution (religion) in our world today... Like it is said, only a fool says there is no God. So thumbs up to Paul Singh.
Musae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musae.html
Latest Review: That Place of Knowledge by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Musae »

Lovely review
I don't think I would read this book but not because of the review, but because of my personal preferences.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

BookW0rM1 wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 08:52 It's nice to have a book that x-rays the most important institution (religion) in our world today... Like it is said, only a fool says there is no God. So thumbs up to Paul Singh.
So true! Thank you for the comment and welcome to the forum :)
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Musae wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 10:17 Lovely review
I don't think I would read this book but not because of the review, but because of my personal preferences.
That's understandable. Thank you for the comment.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Such a comprehensive survey of so many world religions does sound fascinating. I get the impression that the tone of the book is not complimentary about religion, but thought-provoking nonetheless. I'd be interested to read this when I get time.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:52 Such a comprehensive survey of so many world religions does sound fascinating. I get the impression that the tone of the book is not complimentary about religion, but thought-provoking nonetheless. I'd be interested to read this when I get time.
You got it right. I hope you get a chance to read it.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

This is an excellent review of a book that certainly sounds thought-provoking, and I would like to read it if I get the chance (though it may not be my choice of holiday reading :) ) Though I am a person of faith, I am liberal in my own beliefs, and always open to information and insights on both other religions and denominations and secular philosophies. Just one comment - you said you were disturbed by the things the book mentioned about Islam - I wonder if the writer maybe concentrated too much on the extremists - easy to do in today's climate. Re women, my GP (doctor) is a Muslim woman, and though she does wear a headscarf (never a veil) she is most definitely a liberated woman!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Lincolnshirelass wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 05:45 This is an excellent review of a book that certainly sounds thought-provoking, and I would like to read it if I get the chance (though it may not be my choice of holiday reading :) ) Though I am a person of faith, I am liberal in my own beliefs, and always open to information and insights on both other religions and denominations and secular philosophies. Just one comment - you said you were disturbed by the things the book mentioned about Islam - I wonder if the writer maybe concentrated too much on the extremists - easy to do in today's climate. Re women, my GP (doctor) is a Muslim woman, and though she does wear a headscarf (never a veil) she is most definitely a liberated woman!
Maybe you are right about the author concentrating on Islam extremists, but then again, he does to all other religions discussed.
bazolo
Currently Reading: Relentless Alien Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bazolo.html
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch

Post by bazolo »

Very fantastic review as it suit everyone, religious and non religious people. From review it's good book straight point of view that anyone can learn through. Intellectual must accept the truth that define his/her critical
Latest Review: "Andalusian in Jerusalem" by Mois benarroch
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

bazolo wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 10:52 Very fantastic review as it suit everyone, religious and non religious people. From review it's good book straight point of view that anyone can learn through. Intellectual must accept the truth that define his/her critical
Thank you very much. It's a great book.
TrishKissane
Currently Reading: Transforming Faith
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishkissane.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by TrishKissane »

Very good review. It sounds like an interesting read especially regards knowing more about other religious beliefs than my own.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

TrishKissane wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 02:45 Very good review. It sounds like an interesting read especially regards knowing more about other religious beliefs than my own.
Thank you. Interesting, indeed.
gamnot
Favorite Book: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gamnot.html

Post by gamnot »

I think that this book would be interesting to read. I have been looking at difference religions and ideologies for decades and I never get tired of comparing and contrasting these different ways of belief. The topic is relevant since the better you understand the difference between religions that provide meaning with cults that are only designed for exploitation, the less likely you would be seduced into an undesirable person/idea complex. Thank you for the review.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

gamnot wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:33 I think that this book would be interesting to read. I have been looking at difference religions and ideologies for decades and I never get tired of comparing and contrasting these different ways of belief. The topic is relevant since the better you understand the difference between religions that provide meaning with cults that are only designed for exploitation, the less likely you would be seduced into an undesirable person/idea complex. Thank you for the review.
Thank you. It's one great book.
Enow cyrile

Post by Enow cyrile »

From the review of this book I see a clear X Ray of the various religious institutions, something every open minded person deep in religious issues will be interested in

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”