Official Review: Success with Goals by Eric T. Whitmoyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Re: Official Review: Success with Goals by Eric T. Whitmoyer

Post by kwahu »

I love motivational books; they always tend to help push away that obstacle we always fail to notice.
melleigha
Currently Reading: 30th century:escape
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by melleigha »

As a business owner, I read a lot of self-help and non-fiction books. This is one on to read list!
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

The book is valid in today's world and and one to come. The steps given herein about goal setting are everyone's embrace. Congrats on being BOTD.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a great read for those looking to get themselves out of a rut. I agree with your advice as well. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

At first, I wasn't interested in reading this book, but after reading your review, I think I'll give it a chance. There are some unique elements the author incorporates for sure.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I've been in a bit of a slump with achieving my goals so this book could not have come along at a better time. Even if the structure is a bit off, I hope this one is going to be a help to me. It definitely sounds like it. Thanks for your insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love the idea of setting goals based on you personal beliefs, especially since that makes you more likely to achieve it. However, the organization might be a deal-breaker for me. The placement of the table of contents particularly throws me. Thank you for the in-depth and insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thank you for the review, I like that the author put his own personal experience in the book. What I find unique is how the author talks about his road to success, then shows how he lost everything and had to rebuild. This genre isn't my cup of tea, but your review was very informative.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like the ten point goal setting including the breakthrough goal setting. This is a timely book as it will help me for my new year resolutions.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

This doesn't sound like a book for me. I only read self-help if they're humorous.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Who doesn't value some new info & insight into how to renew or review one's goals and achieve them? Sounds like this book could be helpful to re-assess for a new year! Thanks for an informative review!
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

Oh my gosh! I love books like these. At first I didn't understand the title. Success with Goals? It seemed like success along with goals. Like two separate entities. Then I read the review and sample and realized that it was succeeding at goal-making!
Now that was something I could relate to. My entire high school experience was with a curriculum that relied on setting and completing certain goals each day. Taught me great things in life.
branded
Currently Reading: Inertia
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by branded »

The fact that it is a motivational book captivated my attention to read it. It was now coupled with the writers life experience makes it superb. Nice book for all.
Booklover1606
Currently Reading: The Richest Man In Babylon
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover1606.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Booklover1606 »

I need never thought of the possibility of your goals being in contrast with your beliefs. Great review.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 469
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

However, in a matter of two years, his life had fallen apart. He lost his wife, his income, his house and his cars.
This seems to be a very inspiring and encouraging guide in learning how he rose up. Thanks for this review.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”