Official Review: Success with Goals by Eric T. Whitmoyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Re: Official Review: Success with Goals by Eric T. Whitmoyer

Post by rusyalana »

Such kinds of books are a must-read for everybody. Setting goals is really impotant for those who want to become successful, and it should be the first thing to do the moment people start realizing they want something in their lives. Besides I completely agree with the fact described in the book that people cannot achieve the goal that goes against their beliefs - that is so true....
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I am attracted to inspirational/motivational books. Thus, Eric T. Whitmoyer's Success with Goals is a must-read for me. I find the idea of choosing a particular goal as a “breakthrough goal” to be accomplished in one year very interesting. Thanks, ReadingRebecca, for a detailed review!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
vrandomc7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vrandomc7.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by vrandomc7 »

Success With Goals sounds interesting, especially since the author is narrating his own experience of goal setting.That will enable us to relate to the book more. Though I am not a huge fan of self-help and instructional books this book review actually makes me want to read it.What particularly caught my eye was the lines 'a person cannot achieve a goal that is in direct opposition to his beliefs.Their very subconscious will work against it.' because when I come to think of it, it's so true.

Great review!
Victor musau
Currently Reading: Behind The Door
Bookshelf Size: 66

Post by Victor musau »

Great review with an inspiring tale of goal setting and actually achieving them, and a mix of relatable life experience to make it worth your while. Thanks botd.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I agree that the book has an appealing title. Sounds like the book has a different approach from other self-help books. I like when authors include their own experiences. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I love reading self-help books, especially when the author combines personal experiance with steps to show us how to apply the concepts. Thank you for the review.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
shelidizel
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelidizel.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by shelidizel »

Awesome review, would love to read it if i find some time.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I don't read motivational reads, but this book seems good for someone who is looking to change their life since the new year is coming. It's interesting to hear how the author lost everything and still continued to persevere. I'm glad to hear it doesn't read like a lecture. Great review!
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like this book and agree with the appeal of the novel's title. I have heard about many self-help books which just focus on setting goals and not on achieving them. My favorite parts were being emotionally invested in your goal setting and not setting goals that conflict with your beliefs. I agree that that the multiple introductions create a choppiness to the story.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Sasha Walker
Currently Reading: The Lies of Locke Lamora
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-walker.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Sasha Walker »

Great review! I liked the bit of the sample I read, looks like this is a good self-help book! Though I can imagine it being hard to follow based on the arrangement of chapters you described.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Inspirational story, this book has great content that would be helpful to anyone who aspire to become a successful person. Setting goals in order to become a successful person is important. And although sometimes we'd stumbled upon hardships, never forget that we can just start over again as long as we don't give up. Great review! Thank you!
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bandersnatch »

Nice review! Sounds like a really inspirational read!
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am intrigued by this book. The author advises his readers to go for outstanding goals, get emotionally invested in those goals and pinpoint breakthrough goals to accomplish in a year. And he proves the efficacy of his system with his own success. Seems like a plan.

I'm prepared to give this author a chance to woo me to his system. Thanks for the salient thoughts, ReadingRebecca!
Juanita700
Currently Reading: Anastasia&rsquo;s Book of Days
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juanita700.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Juanita700 »

It is a great review. I read the sample. I like the style of the book. It is like the author is personally talking to you given you advice. Sharing his life's story makes it more believable like he knows what he is talking about. I think it is a great book for changing your life.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

This one seems like the perfect boost to set your own personal goals, and to keep yourself in line to achieve them! I could certainly use a bit of motivation every now and then!
Thank you for sharing your review!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”