Official Review: God and President Trump Plus the Rest of...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Re: Official Review: God and President Trump Plus the Rest of...

Post by kislany »

Now that's a hot potato if I've ever seen one, and my first thought was "wow, that was fast." Trump is certainly one of the most controversial US presidents, he'll have at least that much to his legacy. I don't think I would pick up this book considering the religious note. I did find your review, however, interesting.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

God and President Trump Plus the Rest of Us by Patric Rutherford addresses the importance of a balanced perception of people, issues and ideas. I enjoyed the review, CataclysmicKnight.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Tango
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tango.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Tango »

If only I wasn't so tired of reading anything about Trump, this might be interesting. Regardless, it was certainly a good review, thanks.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The first thing when I saw the book was that I could not stop smiling. Secondly I'm not a American but my dad is a huge, I mean a really HUGE admirer. It's quite interesting to note that the author actually balanced both criticism and favouritisms towards Mr. President.
Good job and thank you for the approach of viewing the same person in two perspective!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I suggest this book should be read by citizens of nations over the world. I see that the aim of an underlying theme of this book is to discourage hateful speeches which are prevalent in all societies globally. Thanks for the review.
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Butch Acuna »

After a long discussion, going back to biblical times, to L Lyndon Johnson and back to Trump, what definitive idea was formed about Trump? With so much discussion done, it should have taken the reader to a conclusion of who Trump is and what we can expect from him. So there is nothing more we can do to understand him except to watch Trump until the end of his term. Otherwise it is an interesting review.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I'm really surprised by this review! My first instinct when I saw the cover and title was, "Ugh. No thanks." However, your review makes the book sound really interesting! I'm not very religious, so I may not enjoy this book as much as others. But, it seems like the author gives a fair analysis of current American politics. This can be such a touchy subject, so it's nice to see someone address it from a neutral and balanced point of view. Thanks for the great review!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
gamnot
Favorite Book: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gamnot.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by gamnot »

I like to think of myself as a balanced person, who refrains from being caught up in the polarizations that plague the United States in our time. I along with many others have become cynical about politics. The people are becoming increasingly polarized on the issue of the religious orientation verses the secular orientation to life. There seems to be no viable solution to the various problems that we face today. I consider myself to be more conservative than liberal, but I am really dishearten by the incompetence that I see in Trump's administration and The president's tendency toward bullying tactics toward his alleged enemies both foreign and domestic. It seems that we are caught up in a tug-of-war between those who prefer to chase the wind with the conservatives or the plow the sea with the liberals or of being forced to choose the lesser evil rather than being able to choose the best option when that is possible. But, Still I pray for president Trump that he will be able to make the right decisions.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html

Post by BookHausJ »

The reviewer did a great job! Looking forward to read this book. I believe that everything has a reason. Even winning of Trump to the Presidency. No matter what you do, you cannot satisfy everyone. The moment there is declared President, some will be dissatisfied, but some will celebrate. As a Christian, I believe that every country leader is appointed by God. When things gone worst, leaders are liable to God.
gamnot
Favorite Book: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gamnot.html

Post by gamnot »

This is a very interesting and relevant topic and I appreciate the review; I found it to be informative. I become frustrated when I find that I cannot respect an elected president of the United States, but in Donald Trump's case, I cannot help myself. When the blind lead the blind, they both fall into the ditch and unfortunately for the blind person leading the other blind people, he ends up at the bottom of the heap in the ditch. I find that the bulling tactics of the president and what many would consider to be the "arrogance of power" to be problematic. And the administration is doing nothing to solve the problem of income inequality and increasing wealth inequality which is a burden on so many people in this country.
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

Interesting. Probably not for me since I am not a Christian reader. Your review was thoughtful and well-written, thanks
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin
Butch Acuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butch-acuna.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Butch Acuna »

Thanks for the comprehensive review, however if we believe in Divine Providence, we can make it simple. Let me share it with you;

With a multitude of counselors, there is wisdom.

Faith in God, is the beginning of all wisdom.

Pride comes before destruction.

Whom the Gods wish to destroy, they instill hatred.

Good review!
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by tmazonga »

If there is one blessing Donald Trump`s accession to the American presidency has given Americans, it`s that it has made Americans sit up like they`ve never done before under any other president. From now on, America will never be the same again and I hope American`s will learn not to take anything or anyone for granted, or at face value.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Excellent review! I'm not as interested in politics as I probably should be, and I'm not a religious person, but I like the stance the author takes in this book. He seems to put things into perspective and bring everyone back down to reality. It sounds like a great read for everyone...those looking to gain insight, those looking to change or ease up on their strong views, and those who want to learn more about leaders across history. Thank you!
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by David_92 »

I will make sure I read the book so as to get a clear understanding of Donald Trump's intentions. Am happy that the author has taken an intellectual approach to handle the Trump era when everyone is cursing or Praising Trump blindly.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”