Official Review: The DOXA Method by Ana Weber

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Official Review: The DOXA Method by Ana Weber

Post by rssllue »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The DOXA Method" by Ana Weber.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In, The DOXA Method: Transport Fear Into Success!, Ana Weber tries to bring forth the principles that will bring success to the life of the reader by taking them through a process to find their “Passion, Spirit, Purpose, and Connection” and then to apply what they have learned to their life going forward. Can the DOXA Method bring about the change you are looking for?

Without getting into too many specifics (we don't want spoilers after all) the DOXA Method is basically a formula that helps to empower the individual into feel like they have more control over their life no matter the circumstances. Like a lot of self-help ideas, this method starts with a shift of perspective from the inside of the individual bringing forth the desired change into their external environment. Using the A portion of the method, Allow you to be YOU (that one is on the house), it attempts to ultimately help one to become the person they truly are. This frees them up to stop living as they think they need to be or to keep acting in the roles that others might push them into. Basically, the method is telling us that we are made up of the choices we make throughout the entirety of our experiences.

I have to say that the things that really drew me into the book were the parts where Ms. Weber related some personal stories about events and people who affected her in her lifetime. I think that overall, this book would have been excellent if it would have been in a memoir format where the focus would have been on this rather than being integrated into a self-help book. Ms. Weber's retelling of portions of her life was truly engaging and for me ended up being the most interesting aspects of the book.

On the negative side, her DOXA method just didn’t resonate with me in any really deep way. I never had that “aha” moment to where the concepts being presented made me see things in a new light from before I read the book. I truly enjoyed the author and her style of writing, however, the self-help content just kind of fell flat for me. But I am certain that Ms. Weber will be okay with that since that A principle of the DOXA formula allows you to be you.

Overall, I have to give this book a 2 out of 4 stars. Though the author has indeed appeared to have quite the life and life experiences and seems to be quite an engaging person, the DOXA method doesn’t seem to be anything that sets it apart in the self-help genre. Those who really enjoy reading a lot of self-help books may find this an interesting read; I also think that those who like memoirs would like the personal memories aspects of this book.

The DOXA Method
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rssllue's review? Post a comment saying so!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I know that I could use some advice to help me be me. However, like you, I don't think this book would resonate with me. I am curious where DOXA comes from. Thanks for the review! I always enjoy reading your opinions!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

DOXA. The term is quite unique. Although the cover is bland, I might pick up a few tips from this book.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Thank you both for your feedback. It is always appreciated! :tiphat:

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

Thanks for the insightful review. I don't read books belonging to self-help genre so I will skip it.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Self-help books tend to sound like a lot of psychobabble to me. I do like that this book based its premise on the author's experiences, but it's unfortunate that the resulting "method" did not have much of an impact on you. I think I'll pass too.
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Thank you both for the feedback on the review. It is appreciated. :tiphat:

Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Entrepreneurship: 5 Best Practices for Stay-At-Home-Moms who want to start an Online Business by Patricia Jennings
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I was interested to read this review since I am usually interested in self-help books. I note that you found the author's personal accounts to be a strength of this book because those can show what results a person obtained. Otherwise, it's all just theory. I'm intrigued to know what the D, O and X stand for. I'd never really thought about spoilers in the non-fiction context but perhaps you are right not to include them here! Thanks for the interesting review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Lincolnshirelass
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

An interesting review, though I don't know if it prompts me to read the book. I don't have some kind of issue with self-help books as such, but sometimes their simplistic positivity grinds on me a bit. In the real world we CAN'T always achieve what we wish or achieve physical and/or emotional wellbeing (which I still think should be 2 words!) and no amount of affirmations or mindfulness is going to change that. Still curious to know what the DOXA stands for, though, suppose I could google it!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

If the DOXA Method can be used for intimate transformation then I have to read this book. Though I read my Bible but having an opinion and experience from other successful person like Ana Weber then I will let this book to be part of my interest. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
rssllue

Post by rssllue »

Thank you all for the feedback. You have all made great points about the book and the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”