Official Review: Faith To Fortune by Yaron

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Official Review: Faith To Fortune by Yaron

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Faith To Fortune" by Yaron.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to the Book of Genesis, God created the world in seven days. Like all books, this one, too, is open to interpretation. Faith to Fortune is Yaron’s interpretation of these seven days, but instead of considering the religious context, he has taken a philosophical route. He has compared the step-wise creation of the world to the growth and development of human awareness. Every chapter begins with a line from Genesis. What follows is the in-depth discussion of what that particular line means in the context of Awareness, Consciousness and Subconsciousness. To make his point clearer, the writer has used various verses from The Bible and presented them in new light.

The writing style in this book is conversational. The writer is talking to you, explaining things to you. In the preface, he has given a glimpse of his life’s story, his struggles and all the things he has been through to get where he’s at now. I believe that a lot of people will find his story relatable because most people go through such things in life. So, right from the start, you’ll feel connected to what the writer has to say, and this is the biggest plus point of this book. It has got one of the best writing styles I have ever seen in the non-fiction genre. If the author had chosen any other way to write this book, it might not have worked out as effectively as this one did.

Even though it delves deep into the philosophical zone, it never becomes difficult to understand what the writer means. Now, this doesn’t mean that the writing is mundane or boring, at any point. In fact, it is like a friend explaining the most intricate things to you in the simplest manner. Sometimes, the writer directs the talk right at you. Like the line, “I know you are a fast learner”. It makes you think that the writer knows you. You feel personally connected to everything he says. More than once, I found myself nodding to something that was written in the book. This is the level of captivity generated by Yaron’s writing. You feel like you are physically there, right next to him, while he is saying all these things to you.

Also, nothing is overdone here. The writer hasn’t tried to elaborate anything unnecessarily. Some chapters are ten pages long, while others take just one or two pages to make the point. This indicates that there is a logical reasoning behind everything, and nothing is needlessly more than what it should be.

The relevance of this book lies in the fact that it is not limited to the people of one religion. It is for everyone. If you have read The Bible, then this will provide a fresh perspective to all the things that you already know. It will provide a deeper, and different, meaning to things. Perhaps, it might coincide with your own ideas. For the people of other religions, like me, this will be the window to a new understanding. Your unfamiliarity will not create any hurdle in grasping the essence of this book. You might even find some similarities between your faith and the writer’s point of view. Just as he has crafted his own interpretation out of some other book, you can also interpret this book in your own way. It all depends on your perspective.

In case you are an atheist, this might be even more enjoyable. As the writer says, “A little poetry never hurt anyone.” Similarly, a fresh perspective will do you no harm. This book deals with the spiritual aspect, rather than the religious one. It is about the entity of human beings, and not about a certain religious standpoint or what a religion propagates. The lines of this book strike all the right chords. Some are simple, yet so meaningful that once you read a line, you’ll stop to think about it for a minute. It provides some awesome quotes to live by. You can make a poster out of these lines and stick them on your walls for daily motivation.

The only thing that bothered me about this book was the construction of a few sentences. Sometimes, the writing became long-winded which made it hard to understand the meaning in one go. While it was not that bad a thing, it did hinder the flow of reading. Since the problem wasn’t too frequent, I choose to ignore it. My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. The writer has presented an ecstatic point of view. Honestly, it feels like he has reached some sort of cosmic clarity, and he is trying to pass on this positivity to others. If you need some motivation, or if you want to make sense of all the things that have been happening in your life, read this book. It will change your perspective. If not drastically, then at least a bit.

Faith To Fortune
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ReviewerDiksha's review? Post a comment saying so!
RKS
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by RKS »

I have read some books like this that take a spiritual turn out of the religious books. This one seems good. Thank you for the review.
ShivaniS

Post by ShivaniS »

I haven't read the Bible or Genesis. But as you have said, it is more about human entity. This seems an interesting take on things. Thank you for the great review.
PratibhaG

Post by PratibhaG »

I am not much into non-fiction, but this seems really good. I liked your review very much.
NeerajS

Post by NeerajS »

Great review, ReviewerDiksha. This book seems to open new horizons to an increased understanding. I look forward to reading it.
KamalK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamalk.html
Latest Review: It's Just Business... the Romancing of Ahjumma by Wanda Voy

Post by KamalK »

I like reading philosophical books and this seems more interesting because of the religious background. Thank you for the review.
Mbahwei Fomum
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mbahwei Fomum »

Really interesting
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds interesting and motivational. I don't think it's for me. I do appreciate your review. Very nice.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Your review has awakened in me a desire to read this book. I am intrigued by the title. I do know that some religious factions promise prosperity to their followers.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Your review has given a considerable information on the subject matter of the book. You have even shown some aspects of the mindset of the writer. As religion involves some complexities regarding faith, it was well for the writer to stay away from particulars that may cause some friction on other religions. The universal approach is very effective. Thanks for this review. I have decided to give this book some of my time to read it.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
ReviewerDiksha

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

kandscreeley wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 09:07 Sounds interesting and motivational. I don't think it's for me. I do appreciate your review. Very nice.
I am glad you stopped by :D
ReviewerDiksha

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Miriam Molina wrote: 27 Nov 2017, 12:51 Your review has awakened in me a desire to read this book. I am intrigued by the title. I do know that some religious factions promise prosperity to their followers.
Thank you for stopping by :)
ReviewerDiksha

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 01:20 Your review has given a considerable information on the subject matter of the book. You have even shown some aspects of the mindset of the writer. As religion involves some complexities regarding faith, it was well for the writer to stay away from particulars that may cause some friction on other religions. The universal approach is very effective. Thanks for this review. I have decided to give this book some of my time to read it.
I agree on the universal approach thing. Thank you for giving you time to read the review. :)
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

This is definitely a book I would like to read. Some biblical teachings still sound abstract to me. Gaining a spiritual perspective would help she'd light on things.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
ReviewerDiksha

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 16:10 This is definitely a book I would like to read. Some biblical teachings still sound abstract to me. Gaining a spiritual perspective would help she'd light on things.
Same reason I picked it for. Thank you for stopping by :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”