Official Review: Profiles on success by Frank .O. Duffour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Official Review: Profiles on success by Frank .O. Duffour

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Profiles on success" by Frank .O. Duffour.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author of Profiles On Success, Frank O. Duffour, has written this book to share the views of 30 authors on the concept of success. This book is written in a first and second-person perspective. It has about 260 pages.

Each of the authors is given a chapter. At the end of each chapter, Frank gives a biography of the author and their contact information. The authors give their views on wealth, health, lifestyle and career success. Some authors share similar views but others have very unique approaches. The most common views were the belief in the Supreme Being, spending time with positive people, and that failure should be used to fuel success. Christian Schnubel talked about focusing on what one really wants and following their passion. Gerri Krienke says that one should be teachable so that an opportunity that makes itself available can be taken up if it brings financial security and gets one out of poverty. Christian talked about following one’s passion but Gerri says that one can still consider what is available by educating themselves in that field.

I learned a lot from this book. The approach I liked most was by the author, Bill Walsh, who talks about ‘Pay it forward.’ The more one gives without expecting anything back, the more one attracts to themselves. He admits that many people do not believe in this concept and insists that one has to apply it in order to see for themselves that it works.

I did not find anything that I disliked about this book because I was being educated in every chapter I read. I also did not come across any controversial concept and believe that all of them work. The authors gave their own experiences making their views valid.

The only mistakes I found in this book were two omitted words which I overlooked and still had an easy read. The formatting was good and I liked the author’s idea of giving 29 other authors a chapter each in his book. This will be appreciated by those who will read this book as they will have an opportunity to read views from a total of 30 authors. Contact information has been given for those who would like to contact the authors. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars and cannot rate it lower for I have no reason to do so.

I recommend this book to all readers who are looking forward to achieving success in their careers and life in general.

Profiles on success
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rosemary Okoko's review? Post a comment saying so!
Abodunrin
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abodunrin.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Abodunrin »

a book containing insights from successful authors that is too much treasure in a book will definitely want to read it. nice review
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love the idea of this book. It would be interesting to get more than one person's opinion about the subject. Nice review. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you Abodunrin and kandscreeley for reading and commenting. You will learn a lot from this inspirational book. I hope you'll read it.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The idea of success is quite dynamic and means different things to different people. I like that the author includes other authors in the book. This diversity gives it a breath of fresh air.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I agree with you Mercy Bolo. It's good to read other people's views. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment.
Sukenibe Wahab
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sukenibe Wahab »

It has always been the wish of everybody to live a prosperous life but questions do arise like, how can I make it? The Profiles on success by Frank . O. is indeed a kind of book that will answer and make ways towards our success. I equally rate it 4 out of 4
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you Sukenibe Wahab for reading the review and sharing your view. It is good to know that you agree with my rating of 4 out of 4 stars!
Amystl26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amystl26.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Amystl26 »

Great review! This book sounds interesting as well as inspiring! Win-win in my eyes!
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you very much Amystl26 for reading the review and leaving your comment. I wish you the best!
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

I always hear the saying, "Two Heads are better than One." I cannot describe how overwhelming these 30 brains come up with a Single manuscript that turns out to be the most readable book. Nothing really is impossible. Putting this one as my book of interest. Thank you for a very nice review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

It is amazing for the author to come up with the idea of putting 30 brains together. BookHausJ, I agree with your comments and thank you for sharing!
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

We always have many people ganging up to do the wrong things. In this case, many successful authors ganging up to give their insights on success is surely a great idea. I will definitely look out for this book.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Hi Paul78, i agree with you that this time it is brains put together for a worthy cause. Thank you for reading and commenting.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”