Official Review: Change; Become a Winner by George Boulden

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Change; Become a Winner by George Boulden

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Change; Become a Winner" by George Boulden.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Change; Become a Winner: Gateway to a New Life is a helpful and encouraging book written by George P. Boulden.

In addition to a short Synopsis at the beginning, the book which is dedicated to ‘everyone who would like to achieve something more with his or her life and has the courage to try’ has eleven very interesting and highly relevant chapters. Basically written to offer tips and suggestions on how to have a happier and more successful life by making necessary and appropriate changes in life, the book is a treasure trove of helpful tips, valuable information, encouraging examples and challenging exercises for readers to work on.

The author begins by analyzing what it takes to be successful. He, then, enumerates and explicates the process of change which begins by recognizing the need for change, followed by the commitment to change, finding role models and coaching support and then taking action. In addition, the author includes in the book five factors that build credibility and then offers strategies to achieve one’s goal and recommendations on how to change behavior.

This is a very helpful, informative, engaging and encouraging book as well as a well-written, well-researched and well-referenced one, and I love it. I have already read a fair number of self-help, motivational and inspirational books about success and life in general. What makes this particular book special, however, is the realistic take on everything including motivations, goals and strategies. By citing examples as common and as basic as losing weight, giving up smoking and aspiring for promotion, the book delves into the hearts of ordinary people making this book a ‘must read’ for everyone.

Moreover, the book offers contemporary as well as practicable strategies on how to achieve one’s goal like utilizing social media sites such as Twitter and YouTube, enrolling in a formal class for additional qualification or as simple as talking with someone with more experience. In addition, the author not only suggests what to do but by providing examples, he also gives the readers an idea on how to do it. Furthermore, with the inclusion of some exercises to be accomplished by the readers, the action required becomes more doable and the goal becomes clearer and more achievable.

Another very important part of this book is the recommendations on how to change behaviors. Not only are they practicable but they are also sensible, realistic and even at some points, exciting. However, what I find the most significant among the tips and recommendations the author offers is the suggestion to ‘carry out a reality check from time to time’ which for me is a great thing to remember. Sometimes people get carried away by the pressure that they have a tendency to be unreasonably obstinate and lose track of what they really want in life. This book makes sure that the readers stay on the right path.

However, I noticed some obvious errors within the entire book including misspelled words, improper use of punctuation marks, incorrect word usage and typo errors, without which this book could have easily gotten a perfect rating.

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is helpful, informative, inspiring and encouraging and I recommend it to everyone who wants to change his or her life for the better.

Change; Become a Winner
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Klassick
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Klassick »

Nice book
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds very informative. I don't know many people who don't want to change something. Thanks for another lovely review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Klassick wrote:Nice book
Nice and very enjoyable :)

-- 20 Nov 2017, 20:45 --
kandscreeley wrote:Sounds very informative. I don't know many people who don't want to change something. Thanks for another lovely review!
Thank you. It''s very helpful and I enjoyed it a lot :)
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

This seems a practical book for those who want a significant change in their lives. Great idea to do a reality check to keep track of the progress and not to lose the focus of the goal. Good review, thanks!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Kalin Adi wrote:This seems a practical book for those who want a significant change in their lives. Great idea to do a reality check to keep track of the progress and not to lose the focus of the goal. Good review, thanks!
Thank you! It's a very helpful book :)
Samuel Simon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Samuel Simon »

Thats Interesting It Look Good Every Human Being Need Change And Change It Self Is Not That Common, Change Is Still Good.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Samuel Simon wrote:Thats Interesting It Look Good Every Human Being Need Change And Change It Self Is Not That Common, Change Is Still Good.
So true. Thank you for the comment and welcome to the forum :)
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Thank you for the informative review. Changing my life for the better is what I aspire to every day. This is exactly my kind of book.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Mercy Bolo wrote:Thank you for the informative review. Changing my life for the better is what I aspire to every day. This is exactly my kind of book.
You're welcome. I hope you get a chance to read the book :)
JUDY NYACHOMBA
Currently Reading: The Conjurer's Game
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-nyachomba.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by JUDY NYACHOMBA »

No one want to be a failure. Nice book to read and apply the tips.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

JUDY NYACHOMBA wrote:No one want to be a failure. Nice book to read and apply the tips.
So true. Thank you for the comment :)
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Everyone knows there's a need to change. Change of Attitude or maybe a change of Financial status. But going to the next step which is commitment to change, would be facing a bigger challenge. Then moving to the next step which finding a mentor and taking an action, well ... that's the reason why many are failures. But the most important is never ever QUIT! Try "UNTIL" you SUCCEED! Nice review! Very practical information that I've learned this day. Thank you!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

BookHausJ wrote: 21 Jan 2018, 23:24 Everyone knows there's a need to change. Change of Attitude or maybe a change of Financial status. But going to the next step which is commitment to change, would be facing a bigger challenge. Then moving to the next step which finding a mentor and taking an action, well ... that's the reason why many are failures. But the most important is never ever QUIT! Try "UNTIL" you SUCCEED! Nice review! Very practical information that I've learned this day. Thank you!
You're welcome. It's a great book anybody would learn a lot from.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”