Official Review: Transforming Faith by Fred Howard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Re: Official Review: Transforming Faith by Fred Howard

Post by Scerakor »

This book sounds like it has a little bit of something for everyone. Most of us, regardless of faith, have questioned the beliefs we were brought up in, and this book shows that it is not only acceptable, but good to do so. Even if you are not religious, I'm sure that some of the revelations in this book may still apply.
Last edited by Scerakor on 26 Dec 2017, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Willymello
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Willymello »

This book is indeed a must read for Christian to measure up how much faith they have.
Of course the title is biased to the Christian faith as the writer's point view is that of Christian . He points out important values which qualifies a faith in the Christian. He brings out what I can call "sign posts" or pointers to deepen one's belief.
It's a good book to read especially Christian.
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

A very educative review summary. I loved the fact that it's an informative literature on faith. I'm a believer and therefore I find it a valid content matters of spirituality. Congrats on being BOTD.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
readerwhowrites
Currently Reading: Some Danger Involved
Bookshelf Size: 126

Post by readerwhowrites »

Thank you for your review. I think I understand why the section on faith was your favorite, as you personally identified with the author in this respect, but now I'm curious what the other parts of the book are about.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thank you for your review. I got my copy of the book today, but am still pondering whether I want to read it or not. I have a strong faith, and although I do like some spiritual books, I'm not sure this one is for me. However, I'm open minded enough to read it, so I may give it a go. Thanks again!
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Sounds like a really good book. I can't wait to read to see what he says that may apply to me. I didn't make an acceptance until I was 18 but was raised to treat others as I would like to be treated. In this day and age that is taken advantage of a lot.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I love to see a book which is so open about finding faith and belief in something which may not exactly fit any single established religion while also not forcing your beliefs on others or judging them for theirs. I've always had a hard time with religion--spirituality makes more sense to me--and I think this book would help me a lot in finding my own faith and beliefs. Thank you for the thorough and insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I know this book will not be for me because of the fact that he rejoined the faith and a denominational religion. I renounced Christianity over a year ago, after years and years of soul searching. I do like the idea of questioning, but too often in my experience, questioning within any faith only leads to those pat answers. Not for me. I'm sure this book will appeal to most Christians though. Thanks for your review and for giving more insight on the book.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

I enjoyed reading your review. I'm of different faith and religion but I would love to read this book to understand what the author talked about in depth. Thank you for your review.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Fibonacci
Currently Reading: The Sex Tourist
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fibonacci.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Fibonacci »

Reading the life experiences of others is a great way to build ones faith.. Very nice review.
henna sonum rajpoot
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henna-sonum-rajpoot.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by henna sonum rajpoot »

The review was eloborate and beautifully written. It looks like a truly honest appreciation to me. However, about the book all i can say is that nearly everbody goes through this beliefs transformation at one or the other stage in his life. So, it can add to the existing beliefs and notions that one holds and is quite thoughtful.
docfatima
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19764">The Duke's Holiday</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-docfatima.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by docfatima »

A book for spiritual enlightenment... Congratulations to author for #BOTD.
even miracles take a little time. :angelic-blueglow:
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

A good FREE book to reflect upon & explore faith during this Christmas season. I like how Howard divided the book into 5 sections, so that he could get deeper into the subject matter he was expounding upon. Thanks for an insightful review!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like how the topic of faith is discussed at length. Namely adopted, individualistic and holistic faith. I look forward in reading in greater depth. Great review too.
zaynooob
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by zaynooob »

A very interesting book, as tough as reading religious scripture can be, reading Transforming Faith was an adventure that I wished wouldn’t come to an end. The fascinating way in which the writer was able to incorporate his ideas, a story and the work and sayings of a singer, a writer, a novelist, a neuroscientist, a mental health consumer(poem), a philosopher, a mathematician, theologians and a psychiatrist to emphasize his points of understanding left me beyond speechless.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”