Review by Harrygx3 -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harrygx3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrygx3.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Review by Harrygx3 -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Harrygx3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book Blueprint: How any entrepreneur can write an awesome book by Jacqui Pretty is a book that includes detailed step by step instructions on how to write a good credible book, that mostly focuses on types of books an entrepreneur would write to cement their credibility and promote their business. Leading by example, she has written the book based on the steps she has presented in it, making the whole book a convenient manual but not as dry as one. The whole process of writing a book is broken down to essential yet often overlooked steps and to questions one should focus on when writing. Additionally, at the end of each chapter, there are exercises so you can apply your newly gained knowledge and sometimes, references to her website for extra resources.

The first thing I like about this book is that it is a living example of what it teaches. It lets you experience and be the judge of its credibility. Secondly, I like how it doesn't just give you some steps to blindly follow and then be uncertain of the end result. It gives you reasons and real-life examples as to why a method works over the other. The author has put personal anecdotes and relatable stories of people who go through the writing and publishing process, making the whole book feel like a good teacher rather than a piece of paper with instructions. Lastly, I love that it teaches you the right mindset; and what questions you could ask so your book can become interesting, engaging and informative. I believe these can be applied to other areas such as youtube videos or mobile apps, since they are frequently used by entrepreneurs to promote or establish their expertise and business.

The book doesn't have any negatives as far as I can see. Its structure and content are pure gold for entrepreneurs who want to publish a book. However, I would like to make an observation and a suggestion, which could be mistakes that don't fit in this type of book. I observe that the book doesn't explain how to write a comic book or a fiction book. Many of the principles and tips apply to those types of books as well, so it will still benefit someone who wants to write a fiction or comic book to promote their business. Maybe it wasn't included because it is a bit unusual for most entrepreneurs to do that. The suggestion I want to make is that I would like to see more of the author's jokes throughout the book. I felt at some points that the author wanted to add more jokes but they were cut out to keep the reader more engaged to the info the book provides.

I give this book a solid 4 out of 4 stars for its usefulness, practical tips and right content. It approaches the whole process of writing and publishing realistically. This way the readers know what they are up against and go to write their book armed with essential knowledge. No matter the field of expertise, any entrepreneur can write a book with this book as a guide.

In conclusion, if you are an entrepreneur who wants to publish your own book and don't know the process or where to start from, this is a must buy. It will save you time and money and like the author says:
The goal is that by the time you finish all of the exercises you will have a blueprint that's so detailed your book will write itself.
Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Harrygx3's review? Post a comment saying so!
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

That is the goal of the author. Having as many authors as possible. I am looking at all these reviews including mine and we all agree that she has written a great book.
Thanks for your review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
isa3030
Currently Reading: Just in Time
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by isa3030 »

Let me first appreciate my colleaque for his excellent review work,it is possible to mixe writing and entreprenuership but never theless an easy task.To me Jacquin in her book Blueprint has won the two,expressing her business knowledge in book writing,a big deal of work,Blueprint is a guide instructions which focuses on how to write credible book for entrepreneurs which will cement their business interest resulting in good returns.She wrote it based on her presentation creating it a manuel.Contents were so pened that it is difficult to question which way to start and more so the test exercise at the end of every chapter which encourages test of application of knowledge gained and referances to her website for extre materials.Praising the author,the reviewer recognized goodness of the book to enclude being living example of what she teaches,doesn't have any negatives,rating the book 4-4star while asking for enclusion of fiction and comics writing tips recommending it to entrepreneurs who want book published
Harrygx3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrygx3.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Post by Harrygx3 »

Paul78 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 08:21 That is the goal of the author. Having as many authors as possible. I am looking at all these reviews including mine and we all agree that she has written a great book.
Thanks for your review.
Totally agree, thank you for your comment! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”