Review of Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Martina Sette
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story by Alexis Faere
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Review of Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story

Post by Martina Sette »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story" by Alexis Faere.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story" by Alexis Faere is an incredible and courageous memoir of her odyssey through trauma, survival, and ultimately, healing. This book is about her experience of kidnapping and abuse, offering readers an intimate glimpse into her journey from victimhood to a resilient survivor.

It was difficult to read this book because of the themes it explored. It's difficult to read about this kind of experience, and it's horrible to think that something so cruel happens every day. However, I am glad I read it because it's a story of great resilience, and I think it's important to understand.

The book begins with the retelling of the author's traumatic experience, laying bare the raw emotions and psychological turmoil she faced during and after the event. Through vivid and passionate writing, she captures the complexities of trauma and its profound impact on identity and self-perception.

One thing in this memoir I liked was the author's honesty and vulnerability. She bravely confronts the stigma and silence surrounding sexual violence, offering a voice to survivors who often struggle to articulate their pain and experiences. Her writing is cathartic and empowering, as she navigates the difficult terrain of trauma recovery with grace and resilience.

The book is not solely focused on Faere's journey; it also carries a profound message of empathy and understanding. By sharing her story, she wants to reach out not only to fellow survivors of sexual abuse but also to individuals grappling with various forms of trauma. The aythor has bravely shared her story, giving hope and understanding to others on similar healing journeys.

I rate "Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story" 5 out of 5 stars, and the reasons are above. There's nothing I disliked; I liked everything! Also, it's well edited since I've found no errors. I highly recommend this book to survivors of sexual abuse, individuals navigating trauma recovery, and anyone interested in understanding the profound impact of trauma on personal identity and resilience.

Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

The author was very courageous when she shared her experience and pain, making it beneficial for individuals going through similar experiences and those seeking a deeper understanding of psychological traumas and paths to healing.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book goes deep into the harrowing ordeal of kidnapping and abuse, offering a raw portrayal of survival and resilience.
Anthony Caleb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-caleb.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Anthony Caleb »

If one can't understand to suffering and trials of somebody, it is best to read that person's story, I am so touched by this.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: A Failure To Act by Scott Prior

Post by Priya Murugesan »

It looks like a very emotional book. Will try reading it.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: When Zacchy Got Sick by Meera Randeria

Post by Gerry Steen »

Resilience is a great quality to possess. Some people are born with it and some are not. The victims of sexual abuse who have resilience and share their stories help other victims grapple with their traumas and come out on top. Alexis Faere accomplishes this feat according to your wonderful review. :techie-studyinggray:
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

I have read the review of "Invisible Wounds: An Inside Story" and it sounds like a compelling and impactful memoir. The author's honest and vulnerable approach to addressing trauma and abuse is commendable. The book appears to offer a valuable perspective on the recovery journey and serves as a beacon of hope for survivors. I appreciate the reviewer's recommendation and give this book a solid 5 out of 5 stars. Engaging dialogue, propelled the story forward.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”