Review of Chair Yoga for Seniors

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shewaofafrica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: Chair Yoga for Seniors by Joan K. Glance, Ph. D.

Review of Chair Yoga for Seniors

Post by Shewaofafrica »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chair Yoga for Seniors" by Joan K. Glance, Ph. D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Chair Yoga for Seniors: An Exciting Journey to Health and Wellness by Joan K. Glance, Ph.D., is a book focused on presenting a revolutionized way of approaching senior fitness through an introduction to chair yoga, a gentle and powerful method combining meditation, breath work, and customizable routines that can meet the needs of seniors. Joan carefully details these exercises with simple procedures and outlines that are easy to follow, aiding these procedures with simple illustrations. Start your fitness journey today and grab a copy of this book.

Joan, through her book, dispels most myths about chair yoga, creating a sense of awareness in seniors and readers that they can live a healthy life by engaging in exercises that are not too strenuous but are equally effective in maintaining the physical and mental fitness of the body. I loved the illustrations provided in the book because they provided more insight into how the exercises should be carried out. Chair yoga features way more than it may seem to; just by analyzing the name, it entails so much more that is well captured in Joan’s book. For me, there was absolutely nothing to dislike about this book, as it includes requirements while also containing factual and proven information. This book was professionally edited, as I only discovered very minor errors while reading through it.

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the reasons stated above. Also, the author advises readers to seek the guidance of medical or professional advice before engaging in the exercise provided, especially for those recovering from surgery, so as to ensure that the health and lives of individuals are not put at risk by engaging in activities that may pose a threat to seniors.

This book is a good recommendation for all seniors, as everyone, irrespective of age, requires the right amount of exercise in various aspects of their life, from health to mobility and mental health. Also, those who may not be seniors can equally benefit from these exercises, especially those who have undergone surgery and are in their recovery phase.

Chair Yoga for Seniors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mojisola Omowunmi Omotosho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mojisola-omowunmi-omotosho.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 175%

Post by Mojisola Omowunmi Omotosho »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Chair Yoga for Seniors" by Joan K. Glance, Ph.D. It seems like an excellent resource for seniors looking to maintain their physical and mental well-being through gentle yet effective exercises. The clear instructions and helpful illustrations make it accessible for everyone. The emphasis on safety and professional advice is particularly commendable. Your recommendation highlights its broad appeal and practicality, making it a valuable addition to any senior's wellness routine. I'll certainly consider recommending this book to others!
A Blissful World!
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

I love books authored by experts, especially those aimed at seniors, because I feel they are a forgotten group that deserves care and assistance.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

"Chair Yoga for Seniors" by Joan K. Glance, Ph.D., is a transformative guide to wellness through accessible chair yoga. Clear instructions and helpful illustrations make it a valuable resource for enhancing physical and mental health in seniors.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”