Official Review: Who are the Believers? An Islamic Perspe...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Official Review: Who are the Believers? An Islamic Perspe...

Post by Londera »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Who are the Believers? An Islamic Perspective" by Dr. Muhammad A. Hafeez.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Islam is a religion that is often misunderstood by others, particularly in the Western World. It has been misconstrued by many for political purposes which creates fear and mistrust in many who believe what they have been told. Often, we fall into the habit of fearing what we don’t understand and believing the stereotypes and negative messages pushed by the media. Personally, I have been guilty of this and never really explored the beauty of Islam, only paid attention to its bad sides. This book helps shed light on the principles and beliefs of Islam.

Islam is a religion, but it’s also a lifestyle. In Who are the Believers: An Islamic Perspective by Dr. Muhammad A. Hafeez, it guides you throughout the beliefs and principles that form the foundation pf Islam. It is a step by step guide that can be used to help those newly converted to the religion or those who seek to learn more about Islam. It is written in a straight-forward manner that simplifies many of the terms of Islam that may look complicated to the average non-Islamic individual. This book falls underneath the category of religion and non-fiction.

This is the author’s first book that I have read. Dr. Haffez has spent years studying the Quran and Islam. I enjoyed the book, though for the average person it may be considered lengthy. It is 352 pages, so it’s not something you can pick up and read when you’re bored. You have to be actively seeking to learn about Islam and its key teachings. Also, if you are not practicing Islam you may find it hard to understand what is being said.

My thoughts: I give this book a 3 out of 4. This book accomplishes what its goal educating and providing a guide about the Islamic faith. It is definitely more educational than entertaining. It is not meant to be entertaining and the average reader may find it uninteresting. I recommend this book to those who want to know more about the Islamic faith. In that regard I found it quite insightful. Each chapter speaks on a different topic or concepts. Some of the topics addressed as marriage/divorce, the characteristics one should uphold and which traits/habits one should stay away from.

Although the book was well written, I find some of the concepts hard to understand. It may be because I am not of the Islamic faith, but it was a bit difficult to understand at times. However, the author appears well versed in Islamic teachings. I prefer to read books about religion by individuals who are qualified and well-versed in that particular belief system. It adds credibility and authenticity to the book. Overall, I learned much about Islam. I think others should read this book to enlighten themselves.

Who are the Believers? An Islamic Perspective
View: on Bookshelves

Like Londera's review? Post a comment saying so!
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

A book which is meant for everyone religious or not and also for anyone who wants to learn more about islamic fundamentals. Thanks for a well articulated review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Great review on the Islamic faith. Certainly more people need to read for better understanding among the faiths.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I do think Islam is misunderstood, but sometimes it's misunderstood by its followers too. I can see how it would get confusing. Thanks for the reviewer.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Eman Ali
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Eman Ali »

ALislam is meaning to believe the GOD and receive everything for him ,the GOD of Ibraham,Mosa,Jaussis and the the last messenger is Mohammad ,all of these messengers have the same message from the same GOD .This message is to believe THE ONE God.ALislam is agreat religion.Thanks alot for Dr Mohamad Abd ALhafez for his great book.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

This book sounds very enlightening. I do no know much about Islam, so this book can help me go beyond my superficial knowledge. Thanks for the recommendation.
Abdulrahman Aishan
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Abdulrahman Aishan »

I am not going to judge till I read it
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I have a few Muslim friends and I often ask them "weird" questions. I think this is a book that could benefit me.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Nthabeleng
Currently Reading: Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nthabeleng.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Nthabeleng »

I would like to read this book, I know a little about Islam and I would like to know more. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Ubheeram Nina
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 77

Post by Ubheeram Nina »

In fact all holy books contain one message that there is only God but religion name It differently. Great review.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

kandscreeley wrote:I do think Islam is misunderstood, but sometimes it's misunderstood by its followers too. I can see how it would get confusing. Thanks for the reviewer.
I am Catholic, but I too am not an expert on my faith. We should all be more tolerant of each other's beliefs. But I think the Golden Rule is a rule that all people can abide by.

Thanks, Londera, for your enlightening review.
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

I really like the idea of this book. Great review!
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite
Pknjo
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Pknjo »

This book looks interesting, thanks for the review.
Majid Ali Magsi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Majid Ali Magsi »

I dont know about the book but about the faith I will say Islam is the way of spending your entire life and hereafter life! great thought about review Londera ....
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Just like any religion, Islam or Christianity. It was being misunderstood. For me if the teachings would not show respect and love for the human life then I should make a distance. Because the message of God is very clear, "Love God and Love others." Interesting that you were able to read such lengthy pages and made a good review. Thank you!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”