Review of How Much are These Free Books?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Strength of an African Woman by Michael C. Tredway

Review of How Much are These Free Books?

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How Much are These Free Books?" by Judy S. Hoff.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In the book “How Much are These Free Books?” by Judy S. Hoff, Judy is a typist with a dream of owning a bookstore. Supported by Larry, her husband, and her parents, she actualizes this dream. However, she finds out that this business isn’t as glamorous as it looks or makes one feel. Was she able to navigate the numerous challenges and threats to her business? You’d have to get a copy to find out.

This book teaches about family values, friendships, and fulfillment. I love the bond shared between Larry and Judy, as Larry makes sure to support, advise, and encourage her. Again, I admire the kind of friendship shared between Judy and Phyliss, owner of the gift shop next door. They even invented the code word "purple," which was used to salvage uncomfortable situations.

I like that Judy is an observant bookseller, as she studies not just the behaviours of her customers but those of her employees too. She is able to identify and commend their strengths in the book. Again, she properly acknowledges the efforts put in by her daughters, Ginny and Tricia. The humorous undertones contained in the book are another aspect I enjoyed reading about.

There are no negatives to list in this book. I got submerged in the world of bookselling, authors, bookaholics, and so on. This book is easily comprehensible and an enjoyable read. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars, as there’s no justification to give it a lower rating. I couldn’t spot a single error, and I must admit it is perfectly edited.

I highly recommend this book to book lovers, as the different titles mentioned in the book will serve as a special thrill to them. Again, they’ll get to see books from a bookseller’s perspective. Booksellers, too, are not left out, as they’ll learn to adopt new strategies for selling more books.

How Much are These Free Books?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Areena David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Areena David »

I believe the book is an inspiring journey that combines courage with learning from personal experiences and personal growth, suitable for entrepreneurs seeking insights into starting their own businesses and book lovers interested in the book-selling industry. :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book beautifully explores the importance of family, friendships, and personal fulfillment. The humor woven throughout adds charm, making it a delightful read that celebrates the joys of connection and understanding.
Anthony Caleb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-caleb.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Anthony Caleb »

Business always comes with the good and the ugly and I'm excited to read the experiences of this author in regards to her bookstore.
Slippy Spectrum
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slippy-spectrum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Slippy Spectrum »

Ah, well, now, this here review sure does make me curious 'bout this book! Seems like a right good read, I reckon. The way Judy, Larry, and her kinfolk support each other sure warms the heart. And that friendship with Phyliss sounds downright charming. The humorous undertones? Well, that just adds a little extra flavor, don't it? No negatives to be found, and a perfect 5 out of 5 stars rating? Well, I reckon that's mighty impressive! I do declare, I can't wait to delve into the world of bookselling and see things from a different perspective. This book sounds like a real treat for book lovers and booksellers alike. Dynamic characters, felt alive and vibrant.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”