Official Review: Bible Answers by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
Ashley Simon
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Official Review: Bible Answers by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon » 21 Oct 2017, 14:16

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Before she wrote the study Bible Answers, Roseline Gaston Rabouin spent her life working as a missionary. This is Rabouin’s third book, and she informs readers that all three were written in direct response to instructions from The Holy Spirit. The preface to Bible Answers is written by Rabouin’s brother and informs readers that this study is meant to reveal the will of God for mankind.

After the preface, readers are introduced to Rabouin’s personal testimony. Born in Haiti, Rabouin was one of 11 children. Her father died when she was three, and her mother and sister were murdered by the Haitian military in 1987. Rabouin converted to Christianity at the age of 30 and then became a licensed evangelist from Dayspring Christian University. Now, she’s married with two sons and a loving husband, all of whom are devoted Christians.

The rest of Bible Answers is split into chapters that covers a range of Biblical topics such as Adam and Eve, the history of the Israelites, and the fate of unbelievers. Each chapter introduces readers to the topic then contains a long list of Biblical references pertaining to each topic. Interspersed throughout the Bible verses are the author’s own opinions or various facts about the Biblical topic. At the end of the book, Rabouin adds a personal note, asking for help translating the book into other languages. The study concludes with Rabouin’s contact information.

Though this book was written as a study, it was difficult to see how a reader would be able to interact with the text. Discussion questions were sparse and there was no space for a reader to take notes. The topics were sporadic and arranged in no particular order. Aside from the general claim in the preface—to reveal the will of God for mankind—there was no specific theme tying the book together. The long lists of Biblical references were difficult to wade through, and the author’s opinions were interjected at random intervals and often put forth as facts.

However, perhaps my biggest qualm with this book was its lack of organization. The book was littered with grammatical errors, punctuation mistakes, and confusing syntax. The text was very difficult to decipher, and in places it was nearly unreadable.

Bible Answers makes a strong claim: to reveal the will of God for mankind. I was intrigued by Rabouin's personal testimony at the beginning of the study. Clearly, Bible Answers was a deeply personal project for Rabouin. Unfortunately, I believe the study fell short of its goal. Because of these factors, I’m rating this book 1 out of 4 stars. Readers searching for a list of Bible verses on a variety of topics may find this book interesting. However, I think that Bible Answers would benefit from a professional edit and perhaps a more objective set of eyes.

Bible Answers
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ashley Simon's review? Post a comment saying so!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 42
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Fountain Found by Allen Broderick

Post by kandscreeley » 31 Dec 2017, 14:01

It's too bad there were so many errors. It sounds like there needs to be some better organization as well. It's too bad. Thanks for the information, though.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

ButterscotchCherrie
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 104
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 27
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterscotchcherrie.html
Latest Review: A Sibling in Always by Ernest Gordon Taulbee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ButterscotchCherrie » 31 Dec 2017, 16:57

The author's life sounds very interesting. It's a shame that the book was so incoherent. Maybe it was a poor translation?

ParadoxicalWoman
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 7
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paradoxicalwoman.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by ParadoxicalWoman » 01 Jan 2018, 06:28

I like the message of the book from your review but I will read this book after it is properly edited.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kat Berg
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 16
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 8
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals by Immanuel Kant translated
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Sanguinity Point by Peter Palmieri
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg » 01 Jan 2018, 16:09

I'm always a little nervous to commit to reading a book with a religious slant, as they seem to have more than their fair share of the poorly written/edited books. But I am also always hopeful that I will find a gem. This doesn't sound like a gem. :) Thanks for the review!

Yaone
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yaone.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by Yaone » 02 Jan 2018, 01:46

Sounds like the book is not well written Thanks for the heads up.

MangoReads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MangoReads » 03 Jan 2018, 05:42

The book isn’t good and there are too many errors. You can tell a lot about the authors experiences, just not well drawn. Overall a good idea but not drawn well on the canvas.

Paul78
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 8
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 29
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 37
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Paul78 » 03 Jan 2018, 07:37

It is quite unfortunate that the book has very many mistakes. I tend to think the author was overexcited to see the book published thereby not being diligent in the final stages of the book. I hope she sees the sense in this review and seek professional help.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin

Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose » 04 Jan 2018, 04:39

Thanks for the review. I just hope she gets a professional to proofread her work because the her ideas can be of great help to others.

Boypnet1
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Boypnet1 » 04 Jan 2018, 13:04

The i think will be very interesting if things are re-arranged in order.
Thank you

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 52
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 500
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: The House Beneath the Damen Off Ramp by Wiliam Claypool
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 05 Jan 2018, 15:56

Bible Answers may not be the right title for this one, owing to the confusion it sows. I laud people who share their faith. There has to be a better way, though, to truly open eyes and hearts to God's redeeming message.

BookHausJ
2017 Reading Goal: 2
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 680
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ » 15 Jan 2018, 05:38

I hope the Author could find a Professional editor and proofreader so that she can be guided. But as per review, the Author is so blessed and guided by the holy spirit because despite of both parents was not around as she grow she was able to make her life meaningful and an inspiration to many. Though the book needs to be well written and edited but I'm really after the story of the Author. Hope I can find time to read this book. Thanks for the review.

Paul78
2017 Reading Goal: 8
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 29
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 37
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Paul78 » 15 Jan 2018, 09:02

BookHausJ wrote: ↑
15 Jan 2018, 05:38
I hope the Author could find a Professional editor and proofreader so that she can be guided. But as per review, the Author is so blessed and guided by the holy spirit because despite of both parents was not around as she grow she was able to make her life meaningful and an inspiration to many. Though the book needs to be well written and edited but I'm really after the story of the Author. Hope I can find time to read this book. Thanks for the review.
The Bible is written by persons who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. The people who have translated the Bible into different languages have been extra careful not to make mistakes. While the author of the book may not have such top notch editors, it is important for her to be attentive to details. The current world is ruthless when it comes to scholarly works.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin

drunyan
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 21
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan » 19 Jan 2018, 21:28

It sounds to me like the author was trying to cover too many subjects. Perhaps if the topics were narrowed down, the writer would use her experiences to support what she is writing.

I would be more interested to hear about personal experiences than the answers that the Bible has to questions.

Sarah Tariq
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2017 Reading Goal: 15
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-tariq.html
Latest Review: Unveil your Intimate Self by Elena Georgiadou
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Sarah Tariq » 21 Jan 2018, 09:34

Topics of this book are good. But poor editing may distract the readers from their right topic. Thanks for this critical review. I hope your comments about book would help author to improve her book format.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”