Review of The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey by Dr. Kiplee Bell

Review of The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey" by Dr. Kiplee Bell.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In our lives, we frequently find ourselves acting as caregivers. Accidents, illnesses, and other situations may require us to assist any of our close family members as caretakers. It is especially important while caring for the elderly at home, such as parents and grandparents. To help them better, we must first educate and raise our awareness. What if you had a book that could educate and guide you so that when the time comes, you can provide the finest care possible for yourself and your family members? Dr. Kiplee Bell's book, The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey, is one of the few that can assist you in doing the same.

We should not take caregiving lightly. When someone is sick in the house and you have to act as a caregiver while managing your other responsibilities, it becomes physically and emotionally overwhelming for the caregiver. 

This book is divided into two parts. The first part contains the author's life history and how her mother's lessons in her childhood inspired her to become better at caregiving. Her mother was a nurse, and her relentless work ethic of serving others with faith and positivity inspired her to become a doctor. When the author's own mother suffered from dementia, she had to act as her mother's caregiver. The second part of the book focuses on how to become the best caregiver for your loved ones. It contains guidelines on what to do at each stage of caregiving. It discusses the caregiver's dos and don'ts, as well as their emotional awareness and wellness during the journey. Seeking the correct kind of support can make a big difference in your emotional well-being while caring.

There are a lot of things I liked in the book. I liked the author's journey and her personal stories, which helped to inspire her. Being a doctor herself and her experience acting as the caregiver for her mother prepared her to provide us with information that would truly make a difference. Her practical experience shone throughout the book, and it was very helpful. Her practical experience shone throughout the book, and it was very helpful. I also appreciated that the book was concise and could be completed within one day. The editing of the book was professional, with a few minor errors I noted.

There was nothing to dislike about the book. I found it adequate for the purpose it was written for.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the reasons I mentioned above. I recommend this book to everyone, as we all serve as caregivers in our lives, and it is important to know the know-how that this book offers.

The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Loner Pen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loner-pen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Loner Pen »

This review highlights the value of Dr. Kiplee Bell's book, "The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey." The reviewer praises the author's personal experiences as a doctor and caregiver, as well as the concise and practical nature of the book. The reviewer rates it 5 out of 5 stars and recommends it as a valuable resource for all caregivers. Overall, the book appears to be a worthwhile read, providing guidance and insights for those in caregiving roles. Enchanting atmosphere, immersed me completely.
Yin Jiang
Currently Reading: The Undercover Economist Strikes Back
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yin-jiang.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Yin Jiang »

This is a good review that covers key elements from the book clearly. The reviewer clearly explains the reasons that they liked the book. I enjoyed reading this review and I think I would also enjoy reading the book. Thank you!
Loner Pen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loner-pen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Loner Pen »

Ya know, after readin' this review, it seems like Dr. Kiplee Bell's book, "The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey," would be a real good read. It seems like the author has some personal experience and practical advice for bein' a caregiver. Plus, the book is concise and can be finished in just one day. Sounds like a helpful guide for anyone who finds themselves in the role of a caregiver. I reckon I'll give it a go! Dynamic characters, each with their own compelling arc.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”