Review of Rearview Reflections of Arlington, Texas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annabell Samuel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Hoplites of Leith by Gordon George Kinghorn

Review of Rearview Reflections of Arlington, Texas

Post by Annabell Samuel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rearview Reflections of Arlington, Texas" by Danny Armstrong.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If you are over 40 years old and have moved ahead in life, you have stories to share about how and where you grew up. For some, they are fun memories they wish to experience repeatedly. The memories are so bad for others that they wish they never experience them again. For Danny Armstrong, they are a mix of both good and bad memories. However, he fondly reflects on and shares them in "Rearview Reflections of Arlington, Texas."

There were many things I liked about this book. First, this book was nostalgic. Reading through the author's narrative brought back beautiful memories of my teenage days. Although I didn't have the exact experiences as the author did, I could not help but take a moment to reflect on the memories I made with my friends and family at a time in life when I didn't have to bother about paying bills. Secondly, I loved the casual writing style the author used. It made the reading fun and relaxing. I was born towards the end of the second millennium. However, the author's narrative made the '50s and '60s look like a time worth experiencing.

The chapters were short, and most of them were letter-like. The shortness of the chapters made the reading faster, as I didn't have to dwell on a particular narrative for too long. Also, the author did not make the narrative about him alone. He respectfully acknowledged everyone who helped him make those beautiful memories, from family members to friends and teammates.

The inclusion of pictures at the beginning and end of the book was commendable. I liked that the pictures did not come in between; they could have been distracting. This was very thoughtful of the author.

I could not find anything to dislike about this book. The editing was professionally done. Therefore, I'd rate it five out of five stars. I'd recommend this book to anyone interested in fun stories from the '50s and '60s.

Rearview Reflections of Arlington, Texas
View: on Bookshelves
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Seduction and Securities of a Billionaire by Hadley Jayne
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Interesting review. I would like to read this book after reading this review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”