Review of Introduction to Investing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Knight's Tour by Earl James
fav_author_id: 2540

Review of Introduction to Investing

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Introduction to Investing" by Vladyslav Grabarskyy.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zimbabwe experienced hyperinflation of 25000%, and the USA has an ever-increasing national debt of $35 trillion. Wars are about to breakout every day, and the political situation remains precariously on edge. Amidst all this, investing seems to have become more convoluted. The book starts with the origins of money and examines the contemporary global situation. Taking this simplistic approach, the book covers the basics of investing.

This is the perfect beginner's guide. It does not dive headfirst into the nuances of stock markets and investing but rather takes a crash course in understanding the current economic dynamics of the world, especially the USA. Complex ideas and theories are broken down in simple terms with relatable examples. Along the way, the author recommends several books, blogs, and other helpful resources. When I looked into these, I found that they were all equally understandable and helped me expand my knowledge. The book was short and straight to the point. Everything in the book was directly related to the main topic. Dry humour and a simple vocabulary kept the book entertaining. Metaphors and analogies further simplified the concepts. There were also diagrams, graphs, and charts to visualise the data mentioned. The information provided was not speculative. It was supported by reputable sources and references. The author was unbiased and did not let his personal opinion get in the way of presenting facts. I found the list of companies at the end of the book very helpful. The book was exceptionally edited, with no errors that I could spot. 

There was nothing to dislike about the book. 

As the name suggests, those who are beginning to invest and those who plan to will find this book most helpful. Since the concepts are simple, both teenagers and adults can read this book. Considering all the above arguments, I rate i[]Introduction to Investing[/i] five out of five stars.

Introduction to Investing
View: on Bookshelves
Ni_weh_sesh62
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

Investing—to lose money to get back twice as much—doesn't need to be complex. A rich understanding of the fundamentals, as well as 5th-grader-level language, is enough to get started. This book provides both of those.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”