Review of The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox by Robert C. Keefer PhD

Review of The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox" by Robert C. Keefer PhD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox: In Search of Sanity, by Robert C. Keefer, PhD, is an educational book about hearing loss and hearing aids. This book serves as an eye-opener to hearing loss, which is frequently disregarded yet can have more serious consequences like dementia, a broken bone when you fall, and clinical depression. The book contains the author's research findings on hearing aids and the factors that contribute to their lack of understanding in the US, as well as information on people's attitudes toward them, the practitioners and professionals who work with them, and personal accounts of individuals who have struggled with hearing loss. The author reaffirms that it is advisable to get assistance from an audiologist as soon as possible and that hearing loss is nothing to be ashamed of.

I liked how the author included personal stories of people who suffered from hearing loss problems. It's unfortunate that they didn't get the care they needed and had to live most of their lives in discomfort. The book teaches us about the loud sounds around us that can cause problems. I, for one, was unaware that using headphones or earphones may damage my hearing. Robert also stresses the value of using hearing protection in noisy settings.

There are no negative aspects I found in the book. This book raises awareness of the challenges that people with hearing problems undergo because of the lack of properly set-up practices when it comes to hearing aids. I rate the book five out of five stars. I found no reason to deduct any stars from the rating. The book had excellent editing, and I didn't find any grammatical mistakes.

I recommend this book to anyone who is impacted by hearing loss in any way or knows someone who is. The book provides helpful advice on how to interact with someone who has hearing loss, including what to do and what not to do. Robert provides insightful knowledge that will be beneficial to anyone seeking answers, and he has included a list of helpful resources at the end of the book. I also believe that this book is appropriate for anyone interested in practicing audiology or dealing with hearing aids.

The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

This book has a confusing title! I haven't read many books on this topic, but I've noticed that this ailment affects many people of all ages. Thank you for the nice review. :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”