Review of Lessons Earned

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: The Alzheimer's/Hearing Aid Paradox by Robert C. Keefer PhD

Review of Lessons Earned

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lessons Earned" by Nicole Ricci.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lessons Earned by Nicole Ricci is a memoir in which the author shares her life's lessons. Nicole delves into the lessons learned throughout, ranging from friendships, businesses, motherhood, family, and self-realization. Through these experiences, readers can journey along with the author. At the end of each chapter, there is a brief reflection of the lessons learned and earned through those diverse situations.

This book was enjoyable to read and easy to follow. I could relate to the experiences Nicole covers in her book. Some of the lessons that I got from the book are: learn to live life and not just survive it; treasure all the moments you have with your loved ones; and also, carefully choose your friends. I also learned a valuable lesson about having all business contracts in writing. Ricca learned the hard way that in business, it is better to put everything in writing to avoid problems. I also learned the value of keeping my loved ones close, especially my parents and siblings, and enjoying their presence and the beautiful moments we have with them.

The only negative aspect I found with the book was the use of profane words. I thought they added no value to the book and would have preferred it if they were toned down. However, this is a personal preference, and other readers might not mind them.

Reading Lessons Earned: Vignettes of a Journey to Forty by Nicole Ricci felt like I was getting advice from my older sister on everything in life, from joys to betrayals, losses and sadness, and self-discovery. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and saw no reason not to award it five out of five stars. The book was perfectly edited, and I found no grammatical errors. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy memoirs and short life stories, as Nicole Ricca shares valuable life lessons that might just save you from making big mistakes.

Lessons Earned
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwachukwu Somto
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-somto.html
Latest Review: Embrace the Challenge by Akwasi O Ofori

Post by Nwachukwu Somto »

It's wonderful to hear that the book is easy to follow and offers valuable advice, such as the importance of treasuring moments with loved ones and putting business agreements in writing. The comment about the use of profane words is noted, but it's good to know that this didn't detract significantly from the overall enjoyment of the book.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Julius Peters »

It's commendable how Ricci covers a wide range of topics, from friendships to business, offering readers a holistic view of life's lessons and experiences.
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

The "business agreements in writing" advice is one of the most non-generic life lessons I've heard. It highlights the importance of contracts and written agreements. They're old-fashioned but the best ways to maintain trust and integrity.

A person with 40 years of life experience surely has a lot to say. Can't wait to read it til the end!
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”