Review of Breaking Your Bubble

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annabell Samuel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annabell-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Hoplites of Leith by Gordon George Kinghorn

Review of Breaking Your Bubble

Post by Annabell Samuel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Breaking Your Bubble" by Razvan Balotescu.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

One way to live healthy is to make good lifestyle and dietary choices. This information is not new, and many authors and health professionals have used different media to communicate it to the public. However, people still die due to poor lifestyle choices and eating habits. Many illnesses can be prevented when we eat and live right. The question now is: "What can be done to ensure we practice healthy living?" Razvan Balotescu answers this question in "Breaking Your Bubble."

In this book, the author advocates going back to the way of our ancestors to fix the health challenges we face today. He enumerates many lifestyle changes that we need to make in line with what was obtainable in the days of old. These lifestyle changes include what and how we eat, exercise routines, when and how we sleep, and many other lifestyle changes. The author leaves no stone unturned in this book.

What I liked most about this book was the author's practical approach to explaining some of the lifestyle changes we'd need to make. For instance, beyond recommending regular exercises as a lifestyle, the author showed how to calculate maximum heart rate using age and resting heart rate. That way, the reader would not need a doctor to tell them when they are shooting beyond their limit. This practical approach endeared me to the book. However, I noticed that the author only did this for folks whose resting heart rate fell between 60 BPM and 80 BPM. I could not help but ask, "What about those whose resting heart rate fell below or above this range?" This was the only thing that I felt the author could have done better.  

This book was insightful, as the author opened my eyes to things I never knew. For instance, I did not know the benefits of eating fruits in their natural season. Over time, we have grown to use artificial methods to make fruits available at any time. However, the author shows in this book why it is healthier to eat fruits that naturally come out when it is their time to come out.

Apart from the suggestion for improvement I made above, I disliked nothing about the book. It was exceptionally edited. Therefore, I'd rate it five out of five stars. I'd recommend this book to anyone who would love to adjust to a healthier lifestyle. 

An important thing to note is that the author's religious belief found expression in this book. The author used the Bible as a reference for some of the things he said in this book. However, if you wouldn't mind bumping into a few biblical scriptures from time to time, then I'd strongly suggest you read this book.

Breaking Your Bubble
View: on Bookshelves
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

Great advice, but I can tell most readers won't change now. To most people, health isn't urgent until you feel pain and pay your hospital bills.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:
Nwachukwu Somto
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-somto.html
Latest Review: Embrace the Challenge by Akwasi O Ofori

Post by Nwachukwu Somto »

I'm impressed by the practical approach the author takes in advocating for healthier lifestyle choices. The emphasis on ancestral living and the detailed explanations, such as calculating maximum heart rate, make this book stand out.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Julius Peters »

Although the author could have expanded the heart rate guidelines to include those outside the 60-80 BPM range, his overall approach to practical health advice is commendable and highly beneficial.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”