Official Review: A Business of Your Own by Theodore Folkert

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Official Review: A Business of Your Own by Theodore Folkert

Post by Mindi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Business of Your Own" by Theodore Folkert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I recently finished reading A Business of Your Own by Theodore Folkert. This book is a very thorough and informative guide for anyone interested in starting a business or entering the business world in any form or fashion. The author had many interesting ideas to cover in his guide to a business-oriented lifestyle.

Folkert covered all aspects of the business world in a very organized manner. He began with an introduction that explained the many benefits of starting a business. After that, he discussed the basics of entrepreneurship and understanding what business entails. He then expertly described all that one would need to know in each style of business. He laid out many examples throughout the book and ended with a conclusion that thoroughly wrapped up all of his thoughts.

I feel like Folkert was very informative in all he had to say. I enjoyed reading his carefully thought-out chapters on each style of business. He talked about several different subjects such as how to choose a business style, new businesses, buying existing businesses, loans and other financial decisions, franchises, and many other important topics. He backed up each of these topics with examples. He showed different ideas and charts which helped to relay the ideas that he was explaining. His topic of how to grow and expand your business was interesting and informative. Overall, the book is written in a way that is easy to read and understand.

It was very clear that this author had an extensive knowledge of the subject, and he was very precise in how he laid out this knowledge. His organization and structure of the book was easy to navigate through. For anyone looking for answers to questions they may have about working for yourself and entering the business world, Folkert's guide is sure to provide those answers.

Because of the expertise that I feel this author has in the subject area and the organized manner in which he delivered his knowledge, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend the book to anyone who is considering a business in any form. Even for those who may have already started a business, this book should be a wealth of knowledge in the subject areas that could still be a bit hazy. I have learned a lot from reading it, and I can guarantee that many others will find it just as informative.

A Business of Your Own
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mindi's review? Post a comment saying so!
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Looks like sth not for me, sounds like basic and sound business ideas. Nice work
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I don't have my own business, but I am still sure that there are things that I could learn from this book. Thanks for a good review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-0719672189.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Post by 0719672189 »

This is such a great book filled with ideas and lessons for those who want to join the business world.I would definitely love to read it.Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review! But I think this book is not for me.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Zelinda
Favorite Book: The Swallow
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Inkwells
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelinda.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelinda »

Looks like a must-read to me. I'm in the process of starting a business myself, so coming upon this review, and reading that the book will help me through the process, is providential. I'd love to hear from people who read the book and applied its principles.
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

Great review! I know a few people I would definitely recommended reading this book. It sounds like it is well written and very informative.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

Thanks for the great review, your review just came at the right time for me. I am on the verge of starting my own business and I will definitely grab the book.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Good to know that there is a book like this. As a business minded person I need to know a lot of business strategy. Though I have some Business book, but I want to learn more ideas from the Author.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”