Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Re: Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Post by Janetleighgreen »

This looks like a good book, it's an interesting way to tell his story. I don't mind strong language, and adult content. I got my copy today. Thanks for the review!
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

I'm a little confused on the genre of this book. It's been called a novel but is categorized on OBC as non-fiction. I will probably skip this one due to the questionable material mentioned.
* *I miss snow!* *
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

Doaa Wael wrote:I liked the character of oliver from your review. Having tried different jobs, I believe he would habe great stories to tell and that is confirmed through thr title of the book.

Thank you for the interesting review :)
Thank you for stopping by!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:39 --
Victor musau wrote:I enjoy dark humour and am curious about harking, this is quite irresistible for me. Am definitely jumping in feet fast. Thanks botd.
I hope you enjoy the book!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This isn't my typical sort of read but you've made the main character sound fascinating enough to pique my interest; there's something to say about an author's writing if they can make a character likeable even when you disagree them. I don't usually mind uncensored parts of life, so that shouldn't be a problem for me. Thank you for the thorough and helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

Ana-Maria-Diana wrote:The title is very interesting. It is said that life needs to be lived in a way that you will feel embarrassed telling anyone about it, but feel very happy remembering it. So, yes, sometimes our bad choices give us the best experiences of our lives.
Interesting quote … I've never heard that before. :)
I don't know about best experiences, but memorable for sure.
Thanks for taking time to stop by and comment!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:43 --
ReviewerDiksha wrote:Your review has really brought the many elements of this book which makes it sound quite interesting. Thank you for the review.
Thank you!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:44 --
dauntlesswitch wrote:This book seems like an interesting read. I haven't read dark humor stories before but I think I'll give this one a chance. Thanks for the wonderful review!
I hope you enjoy it! Thank you!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:47 --
iglam wrote:the sense that it is a writer's experience has drawn my attention to reading it because it gives the chance to see reality in the society we live in. I like the review it is pretty awesome. otherwise, the language used is tolerable and funny and increases the pressure on reading the book.
The experiences the author shared through his book are definitely interesting, and I hope you enjoy the book if you decide to read it. Thank you!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:49 --
hsimone wrote:A teenage German hacker comes to America for love and goes through a series of jobs, then falls in love via the hacking world sounds interesting. However, I don't enjoy strong negative reads with unsavory/immoral words and actions, so I will pass on this one. But, I'm glad that you enjoyed the read!
I can definitely understand your reservations! It's an interesting story, but definitely not one for everybody. Thanks for checking out my review!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:50 --
Salsabila wrote:Very intriguing novel. I love the hacking part best since am an IT expert I feel like I can relate to Oliver.
It's always nice when we can relate to a character. It brings a deferent element to whatever we are reading. Thank you!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:51 --
Ferdinand_otieno wrote:An excellent dark humorous novel that deserves 4 out of 4 stars rating. I loved reading this book very much. Congrats #BOTD
Excellent review that highlighted the best aspects of the book without spoilers.
Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the book as well! :)

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:53 --
TheWriteAngel wrote:A dark story of love and adventure between two internet hackers set in the 90s, this book seems like an interesting read. The 90s setting alone makes it a challenging story to write since the technology was way different than it is now. Good job on the review!
Technology was definitely different in the 90s; I remember it well. :) Thank you!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:54 --
Razhad27 wrote:What a nice story. This kind of book is very easy to understand every details, very nice story . its ok if there is sensitive parts of the story because in the reality world it really happens. Now a days its natural and we dont mind about that becuase that story is base on true events. Thanks for the review
Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:56 --
Reuben 92 wrote:This one sounds very unique - I'm intrigued to learn more about Oliver's story. Thanks!
Unique is a great word for it! I hope you enjoy the book. Thank you!

-- 17 Oct 2017, 20:58 --
ktrae910 wrote:It sounds like I may be able to relate with Oliver on many fronts. This ought to be very interesting.
Finding ways to relate to characters brings us as readers a very different perspective. I hope you enjoy the book! Thank you!
Linnea Tanner
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Shadow of the Raven (Book I of Sons of Kings trilogy)
Bookshelf Size: 354

Post by Linnea Tanner »

Your review intrigued me that this a unique and black-humor novel. Thanks for warning readers about the graphic language and possibly unsavory situations. As long as the story is well-written, this does not thwart me from the reading the novel. It sounds as if the main character is quirky but is likable. I'm curious how the author uses the novel to pokes fun at America and our tendency to over-censor things like “bad” language and harmless nudity. Thus, I decided to give this novel a try, although my bookshelves are full now.
Lori Gibson
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lori-gibson.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Lori Gibson »

I look forward to finishing this book! It sounds like a very interesting read, even more so after reading your review on it.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Excellent review. It seems that you said a lot about it because it makes you think about life even after you read it. I think I would enjoy this bool too
Tongulo Chakma
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tongulo Chakma »

I like online bookclub
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

I like dark humor and funny anecdotes, so this book is right up my alley. Great job on the review.
Kachimae
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kachimae »

I'm so into internet hacking and other internet stuff.I like the fact that is based on New york. The language and other aspect does bother me. I will look into this book.
Gratey12
Currently Reading: Marvel Science Stories Nov 1950
Bookshelf Size: 588
Reading Device: B00P93430Q

Post by Gratey12 »

A forthright review of a very compelling book. Thanks, we need more of this..
Eniefiok
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Eniefiok »

That was a wonderful story, not to mention the love story between Oliver and donna, great review by the way.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

Good review. I did not think this would be a good book for me but, I started reading and noticed I was 25 percent of the way through it before I came back to enter the contest.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good stories', by Oliver Markus Malloy, elaborately discusses the book and gives a genuine idea of it, to the reader.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”