Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

This computer hacking story is something. The review did not say much about Donna because the reviewer focused on Oliver. This made the character of Donna a mystery to me. I will follow Oliver to his journey to New York.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Ju4dy2
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B007M50PTM

Post by Ju4dy2 »

Thank you for not telling more of the story because I started reading the book before I read your review. Luckily, I had read enough that the story wasn't given away! In fact, I almost forgot to read the review because I was hooked from the start. I like the author's honesty and unwillingness to censor himself because we get to know him as we wouldn't otherwise. I also don't see why censoring certain words is done because there are plenty of other words that give the same mental pictures. What makes one word a bad word? Really, word are words!

Anyway, so far I am really enjoying the story and can't wait to get back to it. This book definitely isn't for the faint of heart, and I would recommend it, too. I haven't noticed any grammatical errors, but commas are definitely used wrong in places. If that's the worst that I run across, though, I'll be one happy camper!
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

This dark and humorous novel involving sex and bad relationships, drugs and codependency, crime, betrayal, and abusive situations, sounds very intriguing. Thanks for this great review!
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Thank you for the great review. The story does sounds interesting and intriguing for me as I would like to know the in and out of Oliver's life and what happened to him throughout the story. I am no a faint-hearted one though this story seemed too complex and heavy so it might take me long time to read this. But I'd grab this book first and see how it turns out.?
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

I'm interested in reading this book for sure. I read the sample a while back when it was available for review but wasn't sure if I was ready to read it yet with all that content haha. I find the author really funny, and I like the title. Great review! It told me a lot more about the book then the blurb and Amazon reviews.
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

I love the book, amazing story line, re-living our teenage years :).
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

I'm not sure this is my thing as it seems a little explicit, but I did like Catcher in the Rye so it's interesting that these two are compared. Congrats on BOTD.
patience Skylet
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by patience Skylet »

I love the review and this is my kind of book. Nice work. :)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I really like reviewer style to Explain all positive and negative sides very openly and clearly. Some peopledon't like offensive and abusive stories. Very good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Amosm

Post by Amosm »

It's an awesome book!!
jwalker73
Currently Reading: The Good Mother
Bookshelf Size: 291
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwalker73.html
Latest Review: The Truth About Parallel Lines by Jill D. Block
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jwalker73 »

I really enjoy books based on fact. It will be interesting to be reminded of what technology was like in the 1990's. Also, I am intrigued as to what happens when these two youths meet.
Micael Boss

Post by Micael Boss »

Bad choice makes wonderful stories.i love the book with so much passion.its a book i encourange every to read for its awesome
Monaatee
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monaatee.html
Latest Review: "30th century:escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by Monaatee »

Wow Christina, if the book is anything like what you wrote, then this is for sure going to be my next read. I can totally relate to Oliver, although take out the drugs and some more, i too left home, have had to do some odd jobs and my story is still continuing. Love this review, thanks for sharing.
'Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it'- Buddha

I have been bent and broken, but - i hope -into a better shape - Charles Dickens
Latest Review: "30th century:escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Kinshiyomi

Post by Kinshiyomi »

This book is very loveable but advisable shouldn't be read by underage in other for them not to make bad choices like oliver did
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The novel narrates Oliver's character as a person fond of hacking,gambling and other cyber crimes. People who are interested in such stories would like it much.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”