Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Official Review: Bad Choices Make Good Stories

Post by Ana Njeri »

Lovely Review I enjoyed reading it. The book on the hand, is worth checking out
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
Cyril Stephano Lissu
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyril-stephano-lissu.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Cyril Stephano Lissu »

Wow! "Bad choices make good stories" It is one of the catchiest title I have ever read! Your review is so awesome. Congratulation!
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Wafula1990
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wafula1990 »

These review is a better deal for the book. The language is open and depicts the reality of the life today. I love to continue reading this author's books.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

Bad Choices Make Good Stories is a nice coming of age with dark humor and love. Has a hacker in it. A 4 of 4 star rating.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

MarisaRose wrote:Although the topic of technology and hacking doesn’t really appeal to me, I’m intrigued by the author’s raw and humorous account of her real life events. I might have to check this one out! Thanks for the insight :)
If you read it, I hope you enjoy it! Thank you!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:38 --
Samuel Waragu wrote:At first I thought that this was just another 'self-improvement' non fictional book from reading the title alone. I was wrong. From this review, 'Bad Choices Make Good Stories' is a novel that should be read by people who love 'crude' stuff. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for taking the time to read my review!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:39 --
Maulyne wrote:great review. the author sets the stage of reading the novel in away that captures the attention of the reader. The book is an adventure to anyone willing to read .I will give it a try.
I hope you enjoy it!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:40 --
Cloe101 wrote:Very interesting life the author lived and very explosive views; an explosive book. Great review.
Thank you!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:41 --
rusyalana wrote:I don't think this book is for me, because I don't like memoirs. Still the book sounds like a very interesting, events-packed novel. Thanks for the review.
Memoirs aren't for everyone; I understand completely. Thanks for stopping by!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:43 --
KlareAllison wrote:From the review, Oliver Markus Malloy's Bad Choices Make Good Stories sounds very compelling. However, for me, dark humour is no humour and the book's "no-holds-barred" tale style will definitely not appeal to me. I enjoyed the review, I think it is beautifully crafted.
Thanks so much. I understand completely about the book not being for you.

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:43 --
Mindi wrote:I don't think the darkness and harsh language is a good fit for me. I probably won't be getting this one, but excellent review.
Thank you!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:44 --
violet-trey19 wrote:Good review.It is about humour. :tiphat:
Thank you!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:44 --
Perfect Ndlovu wrote:Bad choices make Good stories. I can't wait to read this book.it is more interesting to me.
I hope you enjoy it!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:45 --
Athena Moon wrote:The book sounds to me like "Sex, drugs and rock and roll, babe!". I am excited to read this one. Thanks for the review!
Thank you, and I hope you enjoy it!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:46 --
tsf4 wrote:Sounds interesting - especially the character development which the hacker seems to go through.
It is interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:47 --
Mercy Bolo wrote:So Donna comes into Oliver's life and he sees the light. I'd love to read more about Oliver's story.
I hope you enjoy the book!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 12:48 --
Jr Artemis wrote:[amazon=][/amazon]"Love can make us do some otherwise inexplicable things. " I like this phase...We all don't know where our life will head up and end with...Life it like an advanture,we all did not only the worse but also the good things...I really want to read this book...I really enjoy the review,Thanks :techie-studyingbrown:
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! :)

-- 18 Oct 2017, 17:11 --
Christina O Phillips wrote:I appreciate that the author and the writer of this review were careful to warn the audience about the language, etc. If not for your review and reading the sample of the book, I might have skipped this one. Thanks for your review.
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 17:25 --
tamdlyte wrote:Interesting how the "hacking" game has evolved. I still have friends who are of the "cracked games" days and still lament the almost nostalgic, innocent times of those days. It was about "taking down the man!" Now, it's about perusing the streets, down homey neighborhoods, taking down your cookie-selling, church-going neighbor who naively buys some stoopid doohicky on their no-antivirus, "4-key password" computer with a chipped credit card broadcasting private information to sell on the black market. Now, it truly does have a more "over the shoulder, knife in the back" sinister edge to it. I am likely to read this book simply to see how that aspect is handled.
Your description of the hacking evolution is spot on! I hope you enjoy the book!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 18:00 --
EveS523 wrote:I appreciate the forewarning of some of the more explicit or possibly offensive portions of this book. It sounds like a non-fiction story that can really drag you in.
Yes, I was hooked early on. :)

-- 18 Oct 2017, 18:01 --
Mikimo wrote:This sounds interesting because it is based on a true story event. I will surely read this one. I think this is also inspiring. Thank you for the review.
Thank you! Enjoy the book!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 19:29 --
tarafarah7 wrote:It is awesome that this is today's #BOTD because I got it from Amazon a couple weeks ago! Now, your review makes me really want to read it RIGHT NOW! Great job! Ahhh...what people do for love! I'm looking forward to hearing more of Oliver's story. :-) Congratulations, Oliver Markus Malloy on the fantastic review and for being today's feature!
I hope you enjoy the book! It's awesome that you have it already :)

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:07 --
mindyg123 wrote:Excellent review. I love dark humor and following Oliver on his journey to find love sounds good. The fact that it's based 9n true life makes it even better. Congrats on being BOTD.
It was great, and I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:09 --
Moniquejm wrote:I would like to know more about the life of Oliver, so I would surely read this one. Some aspects of his life sound like inspiring and I wonder what happened to him at the end of this book.
It's an interesting and captivating journey. Enjoy!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:10 --
MsTri wrote:I don't think this one would be my cup of tea, but you did a great job on your review, very thorough. Do you think you'll read the sequel?
Thank you! I do plan to read the sequel, yes. I just haven't gotten around to it, yet ?

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:12 --
Kat Kennedy wrote:I'm definitely up to reading this. I'm always interested in reading about things I don't know much about, and the life of this author sounds fascinating. This book is going on my must read list.
His life is indeed fascinating, and I hope you enjoy the book!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:13 --
Innocent chinenye wrote:Thank God you also metioned it, that this book is not for everyone. The book is very sensitive. Well you try reviewing this kind book.
Definitely not for everyone!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:16 --
Fabian beyo wrote:The book has a nice storyline except for the dark humor&harsh language on it.
Just remember it's about Oliver's "bad Choices," so if you don't think you'll make it through the darker parts of the book, it might not be for you.

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:18 --
Belynda White wrote:Dark humour... Sounds like a book I'll enjoy. Nice review.

Thank you! I hope you do enjoy it!

-- 18 Oct 2017, 20:20 --
Snowflake wrote:Thanks for the detailed review - it's always good to know what you're getting into with respect to language and sex! It sounds like Oliver has a very interesting story - I am now curious to learn about it...
It is very interesting. If you read it, I'd love to hear what you think. Thank you!
Mercy85
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 218728">Do we know why we believe what we believe</a>
Currently Reading: Lara's Journal
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: Tecnow2

Post by Mercy85 »

The title is great and magneting 'bad choices make stories 'that will thrill people to read the book .I like the relationship,adventure e and the longing for home aspect of it. It speak very well of character development.
Good work ...
Kiagewinnie
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiagewinnie.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Kiagewinnie »

Awesome review have been postponing reading this book but after reading your review i will dive into reading it asap because of how you have brought out the story well
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Mercy85 wrote:The title is great and magneting 'bad choices make stories 'that will thrill people to read the book .I like the relationship,adventure e and the longing for home aspect of it. It speak very well of character development.
Good work ...
Thank you. I think the title is very appealing, as well.

-- 19 Oct 2017, 16:14 --
Dominic kimwele wrote:Though I mind bad language, I like the story in this book. Thanks for your review.
It is a very intriguing story. Thank you!

-- 19 Oct 2017, 16:17 --
mercy wangechi wrote:A dark humourous story of the journey of an Internet hacker who goes to New York to find his love and his life changes forever. I cant wait to read it, it looks so interesting and also the title itself leaves you wanting to know what is inside the book. The cover its so cute it looks like its a magazine.
Thankyou for your review.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy the book!
The Irmuun
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by The Irmuun »

Oct 17, 2017 Isabel rated it did not like it
I expected a decent read, but the book is badly written. I particularly did not like the author's superior attitude. The story is also not plausible, it's more like fiction. I gave up reading after first twenty pages. All in all, very disappointing.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

I enjoyed your review a lot. The book is a no go area for me though.
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Al76 wrote:I enjoyed your review a lot. The book is a no go area for me though.
It's definitely not for everyone. Thanks for stopping by!
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review. I don't normally like these sorts of books but it sounds like an interesting read.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

One interesting scene maybe, Oliver was a bad guy turned to a good guy. That's capturing the heart of Oliver by Donna. Making the guy's world different. From a hacker to a businessman (video game). Is it not interesting? Nice review! Thank you Christina Rose!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Christina Rose
Currently Reading:

Post by Christina Rose »

Thank you all for reading my review, and for your kind words! :)
Katerina Katapodi
Favorite Author: Rin Chupeco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3829

Post by Katerina Katapodi »

''Bad Choices Make Good Stories'', that's almost 100% true, not only in this novel-which is taken from real life-, but this can happen to life of everybody, in the past and nowadays. A new friendship, or love story, involve the element of ''unknown''. Thus persons whom we want to be our lovers, as here in book (or just friends), may hide a risk or even danger of our life.
We ofetn get enthiusiastic with people whom we don't know well, and mainly whose past is unknown to us. As actions of their past will definitely determine present, as one's caracter and habits is difficult to change most of the times. Curiosity can lead to superficiality in our acquantances with persons of opposite sex, either a man for a woman, or vice versa as here in this book. We don't know often, or we cannot take consience of the fact, that a person is not fit for us. The notion of unknown, can lead us to bad choices, full of bad adventure, in personal or social field. Yes, Bad Choices make Good stories, as we are taken into bad adventures, by not actually realizing it. And there can be long term bad stories from this, that many of us already know. And then our soul, or even life can be in danger. We certainly have to take precautions against the unknown, we never know, who is next to us, or whom we are going to meet, if we don't take enough ''care'' in advance. Then what will happen? May be our feelings will be hurt, the worst side of adventure, or we may be found guilty by law, if those whom we don't know well, and also don't know much of their life, involve us in a fraudulent way in the affairs. Yes, the clost is big sometimes. And if we manage to escape, only, we'll have a new bad experience on ''our back'', from which, we fortunately have taken at least a good lesson, but an acquaintance may also be fatal for us..in the negative meaning of term. Never trust anybody, whom we don't know well enought, or mainly NO fall in Love, with unpredictable people!. Und this till one's innocence and good character as well as GOOD INTENTIONS are proven to us. The variety of experience can finally turn out to be good to us, but provided we've escaped from this experience early enough, without letting others do us more harm.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”