Review of Stop Overthinking

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Review of Stop Overthinking

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stop Overthinking" by Bonnie A Ross.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In a world where a person is measured by what they have and what they can offer, a lot of people suffer the consequences of this rat race in a way that is hard to figure out. Many times, we're locked up in a world of regret, shame, self-loathing, and even wishful thinking as a result of our fast-paced society. Everyone wants to make a name for themselves, and everyone wants to climb up the ladder of success. However, because of the nature of life, bad things will always happen, even when we try our best to avoid them. Mishaps are inevitably part of human life, and very few people understand this. When faced with hardships and disappointment, many are plunged into depression as a result of overthinking. Many cannot seem to let go of the past and forge ahead with the future. 

Stop Overthinking: A Step-by-Step Guide to Letting Go of Mental Spin to Achieve Inner Peace, Improved Relationships, and Resilience! by Bonnie A. Ross is a practical self-help book that dissects the imminent dangers of overthinking and offers profound insights on how to improve the quality of life through different healing processes. As a renowned life coach and an energy mentor, Bonnie shares many stories of people who were faced with difficult situations but were able to navigate the waters of life through different healing and healthy practices, as explained in this book. The act of letting go is not as easy as it sounds. Overthinking is like a silent pandemic that has plagued the entire world, and this has led to more problems in society. As you explore the pages of this book, you will be ushered into a whole new world of healing, practicing meditation, and leading a healthy lifestyle. 

As I delved into this book, I was determined to make good use of the practical guide the author provided because, as an individual, overthinking has been a part of my daily life. In the beginning chapters, there was a self-assessment for overthinking. Here, you will follow the steps and make the calculations on the table, then you will sum it all up and see whether or not you're overthinking. This was very helpful. Also, there was a passage that talked about self-love. This chapter was also very insightful, as the author highlighted different daily practices that could allow one to love and appreciate oneself. After reading this book, I realized that it is in the little things in life that we find the most satisfaction and healing. You should grab a copy and explore!

The book was exceptionally edited and very insightful. I enjoyed reading it, and I was able to identify some loopholes in my lifestyle; thankfully, the author provided numerous solutions for each problem. I loved the simplicity and clarity of the words used in the book. It is obvious that the author seeks to provide a solution for many struggling with the issue of overthinking. This book was very well written, and I have nothing negative to say about it. I'll give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with one mental health issue or another. While reading, you will learn new habits that will be helpful to you, and you will unlearn old habits that have been detrimental to your mental health.

Stop Overthinking
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bernard Ndubuisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Bernard Ndubuisi »

This seems to be a good book to go through and learn how to reduce high blood pressure.
I feels the author is intensional and sympathetic for the uprising of mental issues in our society.
My appreciation to the editor and the reviewer that finds no fault with this book.
Amarachi Stephanie Ejike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Amarachi Stephanie Ejike »

I just added the book to my bookshelf. I loved what I read in the review of this book by Bonnie A Ross. The picture on the cover page of a bird leaving a crippling cage compliments the message the book seeks to pass on. For me, every part of a great book should convey a message, and that includes even the front and back covers. Surely overthinking is like a cage that cripples and holds one back.
Stop Overthinking: A Step-by-Step Guide to Letting Go of Mental Spin to Achieve Inner Peace, Improved Relationships, and Resilience lived up to expectations if one were to go by the review alone. The author in delving into the imminent dangers of OVERTHINKING offers profound insights on how to improve the quality of life through different healing processes with a practical self-help guide. I join the reviewer in commending the positive qualities acknowledged here.
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

Overthinking is something people won't talk about publicly. The book seems like a great guide on how to take control of your own thoughts instead of being ruled by them.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Looks like an interesting read. Overthinking truly is detrimental to ones brain and can also lead to severe paranoia. This is a good read for anyone struggling to let go of their past . Great review
Be yourself and nothing less
Nwachukwu Somto
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-somto.html
Latest Review: Embrace the Challenge by Akwasi O Ofori

Post by Nwachukwu Somto »

Your mention of the self-assessment and focus on self-love makes it seem like a very useful resource. I appreciate your recommendation and will consider giving it a read!
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: The Crossroad of War and War by Bokang Murdock Montjane

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

As a prospective reader of "Stop Overthinking: A Step-by-Step Guide to Letting Go of Mental Spin to Achieve Inner Peace, Improved Relationships, and Resilience!" by Bonnie A. Ross, this review offers a compelling reason to pick up the book. The emphasis on the pervasive issue of overthinking in today's fast-paced society is highly relatable, and the promise of practical guidance for improving mental well-being is appealing.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Through personal stories and step-by-step guides, readers learn techniques for letting go, practicing meditation, and embracing a healthier lifestyle. The book includes self-assessment tools and chapters on self-love, highlighting daily practices to foster self-appreciation and improve mental well-being.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”