Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Non-Fiction Books

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: Living in Light, Love & Truth :...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.

Official Review: Living in Light, Love & Truth :...

Post Number:#1 by kimmyschemy06
» 11 Sep 2017, 01:33

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Living in Light, Love & Truth : You Can Positively Change Your Life by..." by Kasi Kaye Iliopoulos.]

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Review by kimmyschemy06
Share This Review

Living in Light, Love & Truth: Change Your Life Positively is an inspiring book written by Kasi Kaye Iliopoulos.

The purpose of the book is to provide insight on how to balance the spiritual and physical aspects of an individual and the life he lives in. It presents ways on how to stay clear of fear-based energies that inhibits a person to be a beacon of life. It is an interactive book where the reader can actually participate in recommended exercises at the end of each chapter.

The book has fifteen chapters including the Conclusion and About the Author. Chapters 1 to 12 are concluded with reflective quotes to ponder on, exercises the reader can participate in and affirmations of the reader’s conviction regarding the topic discussed. The author also provides diagrams to further illustrate the subject.

This is a wonderful book apparently written with passion, dedication and sincere desire of the author to help other people by sharing her views and personal experiences. She writes from the heart and every word and every phrase are heartfelt. She is very cautious especially in expressing her beliefs careful not to impose herself on others. She makes her personal beliefs very clear by designating one short chapter just for them.

However, though the book is, without a doubt, a very good one, I find some parts too subjective, the explanation a bit ambiguous and the use of specific terminologies with the author's personal definitions (vibration, blueprint, etc.) somehow makes for a difficult reading experience. Moreover, though the diagrams are obviously well thought out, I find their inclusion irrelevant. Furthermore, though the list of crystals and their uses is very interesting and informative, I find it out of place in this book. I would love to read about it in a separate book meant only for crystals and other mystical stones. In addition, despite the explanations and accounts of personal experiences to emphasize a point, there are still some parts of the book I did not get like: what light and truth is the author referring to? Does light refer to wisdom, hope, faith, and is the truth about yourself, about other people, or about life in general?

Finally, though the book is well written (except for a few noticeable errors like jealously instead of jealousy and your learning's) helpful and encouraging, for someone like myself who has watched the video presentation The Secret and has read numerous non-fiction, self-help and inspirational books including The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, there is nothing new about this book. Everything in this book, except for the part about the crystals, like life’s purpose and being grateful for what you have among other topics, I already read somewhere else. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading the book and I find it helpful and I believe that other readers may find it helpful, too.

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is inspiring and encouraging and I recommend it to readers who enjoy inspirational reading materials.

Living in Light, Love & Truth : You Can Positively Change Your Life by...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
kimmyschemy06

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 335 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 96%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: Living in Light, Love & Truth :...

Post Number:#2 by kandscreeley
» 11 Sep 2017, 07:56

I don't think this book is for me. It sounds a little too uncertain and out there for me. Thanks for the review, though. I enjoy your reviews.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley's Latest Review: "Culture Man" by Guy Cook
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader

Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 99 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 81%

Post Number:#3 by geoffrey ngoima
» 11 Sep 2017, 12:12

I'm am not an inspirational-books kind of guy, I'm a lot of guys will find this helpful/inspiring out there
Great and honest review
Taste all the love and sorrow, but don't drink the wine.~ "Reign"
geoffrey ngoima's Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
geoffrey ngoima

Currently Reading: God Versus The Idea of God
Bookshelf Size: 72 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
Goal Completion: 22%

Post Number:#4 by Mercy Bolo
» 11 Sep 2017, 13:23

It's true. A balanced life is the best. No extremes.
Mercy Bolo's Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Mercy Bolo

Favorite Book: The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 37 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#5 by jeminah28
» 11 Sep 2017, 22:16

Great review. I like the book. I will try to read it. I got interested to read that book after reading your review.
"Reading never stops even if there is an ending."
_jem_
jeminah28

Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 23 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#6 by 0719672189
» 12 Sep 2017, 03:45

Thanks for the review though i don't think its my kind of book.

Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 14 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#7 by CrescentMoon
» 12 Sep 2017, 16:00

I like the fact this book has exercises and is interactive. I think the interactive part is really awesome for a self-help book. It's a shame that the author is not clear or thorough on certain concepts though. I feel that is especially needed with this kind of book. Great review!
CrescentMoon

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#8 by kimmyschemy06
» 16 Sep 2017, 03:32

CrescentMoon wrote:I like the fact this book has exercises and is interactive. I think the interactive part is really awesome for a self-help book. It's a shame that the author is not clear or thorough on certain concepts though. I feel that is especially needed with this kind of book. Great review!

Thank you. It is a good book but it could have been better :)
kimmyschemy06

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#9 by KlareAllison
» 16 Sep 2017, 05:35

Kasi Kaye Iliopoulos' book is evidently a motivational/self-help resource. I like books in this genre. I also like that fact that you find the material inspiring and encouraging. Nice review!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
KlareAllison

Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 85 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#10 by kimmyschemy06
» 16 Sep 2017, 20:26

KlareAllison wrote:Kasi Kaye Iliopoulos' book is evidently a motivational/self-help resource. I like books in this genre. I also like that fact that you find the material inspiring and encouraging. Nice review!

Thank you! I enjoyed it despite my issues.
kimmyschemy06

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#11 by charlesjr2
» 20 Sep 2017, 05:57

Definitely not my type of book, but from your review, am really glad that you enjoyed the book even with it's many flaws.
charlesjr2's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
charlesjr2

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 15 Books
Goal Completion: 13%

Post Number:#12 by kislany
» 21 Sep 2017, 10:31

So this is some kind of New Age style book from what I gathered from your review. I do enjoy them, but eventually, they all seem repetitive, because there is not really much new about them. Btw, I loved The Secret!
kislany

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#13 by kimmyschemy06
» Yesterday, 23:05

kislany wrote:So this is some kind of New Age style book from what I gathered from your review. I do enjoy them, but eventually, they all seem repetitive, because there is not really much new about them. Btw, I loved The Secret!

I honestly don't know what 'New Age style book' is :) but yes, there is not really much new about this book. Thank you for the comment :)
kimmyschemy06

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page