Official Review: The Middle Theory by Deshon M. Fox

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Official Review: The Middle Theory by Deshon M. Fox

Post by Acwoolet »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Middle Theory" by Deshon M. Fox.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Throughout the incredibly busy lives that we live today, each and every one of us seeks to find balance. Whether we are looking for balance at home, work, or other responsibilities, we try to do it all in attempts to ensure a completely happy life. Deshon M. Fox writes in his novel, The Middle Theory: A Guide to Balance the very key to this idea. He covers a multitude of ideas ranging from raising well-balanced children to lasting romantic unions, to realizing our full potential and identities as human beings, and even to forging a path for world peace. No topic goes unturned in his quest to teach others how to live a life according to the “Law of Balance”.

Although one may expect this novel to read like a textbook, the fact is that it couldn’t be further from the truth. The Middle Theory is a clear and concise book that has been written for every reader to enjoy. The language is straightforward and uncomplicated to allow each idea to be fully understood. Every concept, idea, and chapter is stated plainly and is completely formed with quite a few points to deliver the message that the author is trying to communicate.

The Middle Theory is a very well written novel that has the feel of a professionally edited book. If there were any mistakes in this book, they were so minor that I didn’t notice them at all. While there may have been a point here or there on the more delicate subjects that I didn’t agree with 100%, I truthfully couldn’t find anything to dislike about the novel. I felt as if the author truly had my best interest at heart and wants to help me live the most well balanced life possible. Although he discusses quite a few delicate subjects, each one has been handled with care to allow for growth in that area. Each subject allows for self-reflection and growth in the midst of what feels like a warm hug.

I feel as if every reader out there can acquire something from this book. It truly has been lovingly written with the desire to support the reader in their journey to live a life of balance. I enjoyed reading this book very much, while there were a few points I didn’t fully agree with, I was still able to see where the author was coming from and completely understood his point of view on the subject. I believe that’s a large part of the novel though, even if you don’t completely agree with someone, you should at least try to understand their point of view and where they are coming from.

I whole-heartedly give The Middle Theory: A Guide to Balance a 4 out of 4 stars. I believe that this novel could definitely help any reader to discover their best possible life.

The Middle Theory
View: on Bookshelves

Like Acwoolet's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Awesome review. It's true that a balanced life is the best.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

Nice review! You really make me want to read this book now. Self-help guides and advice are fantastic; especially when you feel like the author really cares about you. I enjoyed your critique and how you still gave the author four stars even when you disagreed with some of his opinions. It sounds interesting and well-rounded and like you get a lot of advice on different subjects. Great review!
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Great review, you were quite enthusiastic. Makes me want to read it too.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Excellent. Sounds like there is a lot to glean from this novel. You have me intrigued. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Nice review! I think Deshon M. Fox has written well in The Middle Theory. The book comes across as a needed resource which will help guide the reader to achieve some semblance of balance in today's world.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Yes everyone needs balance. I think each one of us can learn something from this book.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Well, I'm just glad it doesn't read like a textbook,
I like the review.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Great review. A self help book that is well balanced.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

I need to read this book! Balance is something I struggle with daily! With your recommendation, I'm sure I'll gain from it!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”