Review of 2035 and Beyond - A Guide to Thriving in the Future Workplace

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: 2035 and Beyond - A Guide to Thriving in the Future Workplace by Moira Devlin

Review of 2035 and Beyond - A Guide to Thriving in the Future Workplace

Post by Ika Apro »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "2035 and Beyond - A Guide to Thriving in the Future Workplace" by Moira Devlin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

2035 and Beyond: A Guide to Navigating in the Future Workplace by Moira Devlin is a bewildering book regarding the future workplace. The author passes through several chapters with her metaphoric writing style and advanced diction. She explains the skillset future work fields will require and talks about a Neurohub Odyssey, which consists of a system of collaborative learning. The author gives us a fantastic futuristic view of the future workplace, including how AI and humans will integrate and the levels people will have to pass. She also revolves a lot around galaxies, astrophysics, developing potential, and so on. Her worldview is beyond borders, and because of her metaphoric writing style, the book can, at some point, be perceived as futuristic fantasy fiction. 

The author’s writing style and ideas were mesmerizing. I have never read a book this different and full of metaphors. The author had a transformative way of looking at the future of our workplace. I loved and appreciated her opinion about the future systems and what role we would supposedly play in them. She seems to find great joy in expressing her opinion by connecting earthly processes to cosmic ones. I loved this new point of view and find it interesting. In the main nine chapters, she gave a great deal of information. Additionally, the book is packed with vivid-coloured illustrations representing the relatable text. I also enjoyed that the author had separately written all of the key points in each chapter, as they made it easier to navigate through the book. 

With all the good sides, there are a few downsides too. First and foremost, sometimes I found the book hard to understand. It was puzzling to me what the author was exactly talking about since I expected every word to also have an alternative meaning based on her writing style. She used unfamiliar and advanced words, which got overwhelming from time to time and made the reading process a little tiring for me. Additionally, the book contained several typos. 

I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted a star for the errors and the complexity of the writing. If it hadn’t gotten confusing at times, I wouldn’t have deducted a star for the complexity. 

I would recommend this book to people who are interested in the role of technological advancement in workplaces. I think researchers would also be interested in this book, but it would be especially helpful for older teens who will be employed by 2035. 

2035 and Beyond - A Guide to Thriving in the Future Workplace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”