Official Review: Finding Heaven in the Dark

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Re: Official Review: Finding Heaven in the Dark

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

:lol2:
I am still writing, halfway thru, grouping myself and when/if the heavens allow it, it'll come to completion. Though I still wouldn't give you for review, haha
I've just submitted my review and written a blurb,..how long does it take to be approved & posted?
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

geoffrey ngoima wrote::lol2:
I am still writing, halfway thru, grouping myself and when/if the heavens allow it, it'll come to completion. Though I still wouldn't give you for review, haha
I've just submitted my review and written a blurb,..how long does it take to be approved & posted?
Hahaha, well I'd still love to read it! How long it takes varies, I think, but it looks like you've gotten approved!
Sarah Long
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-long.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sarah Long »

Interesting book, that's for sure. I am not sure it falls under my genre that I enjoy, but I am glad that I read this and know why it doesn't. Thank you for the review!
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:

iNocturne wrote:Interesting book, that's for sure. I am not sure it falls under my genre that I enjoy, but I am glad that I read this and know why it doesn't. Thank you for the review!
Thank you for checking out the review! It's definitely not for everyone.
Mandy01
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy01.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by Mandy01 »

Based on your description of the book it sounds very interesting! I always think it is fun to hear about the past, especially when it is written from the person who actually experienced it. It is too bad that the author gets long-winded toward the end though. Over use of long monologues like that always give me a little hesitation, but I think it will go on my to be read shelf. Thanks for the great review!
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:

Mandy01 wrote:Based on your description of the book it sounds very interesting! I always think it is fun to hear about the past, especially when it is written from the person who actually experienced it. It is too bad that the author gets long-winded toward the end though. Over use of long monologues like that always give me a little hesitation, but I think it will go on my to be read shelf. Thanks for the great review!
Oh, absolutely! It's really interesting when they can talk about things that happened with the knowledge of how it all played out and affected them for better or worse. It adds a layer to it all that makes it more gripping. It definitely gets repetitive and long-winded but there are some great messages in them. Let me know if you read it! I'd love to chat with someone about it. Thank you for stopping by!
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Mallory,
I can't stand one-sided theological debates. They always come off as patronising, especially from the Abrahamic faiths. Great review though.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I'm not sure what to think about the book. In a way I am drawn to spiritual books (as long as they're not religious and preachy), especially when they are full of life tips. My main 'halt!' moment was when I read that the author became one sided and condescending. It's like he got wrapped up too much in his own world view, forgetting the reason why he started the book in the first place. Great review, btw!
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:
geoffrey ngoima wrote::lol2:
Hahaha, well I'd still love to read it! How long it takes varies, I think, but it looks like you've gotten approved!
You'll be the first to get it when it gets published for sure
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

This is a great review, thank you! I'm still debating whether or not I want to read this book. It sounds like the parts of the book that I would not care for don't consume it. So, I may give it a try. Thanks!
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

This book is one of my genre. It usually happened to Christians around the world; the so-called "chruchianity. I like the way you wrote it.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:

kislany wrote:I'm not sure what to think about the book. In a way I am drawn to spiritual books (as long as they're not religious and preachy), especially when they are full of life tips. My main 'halt!' moment was when I read that the author became one sided and condescending. It's like he got wrapped up too much in his own world view, forgetting the reason why he started the book in the first place. Great review, btw!
That's exactly how it came off. Before the end it was like, "This is what worked really well for me," but then changed to "This is really the only way to really get to that point". There are some good life tips though! Thank you for checking out my review.
juliusotinyo wrote:Mallory,
I can't stand one-sided theological debates. They always come off as patronising, especially from the Abrahamic faiths. Great review though.
Julius, you would absolutely not enjoy this book. They definitely had a way of coming off as patronizing. Thank you for checking out my review!
Christina Rose wrote:This is a great review, thank you! I'm still debating whether or not I want to read this book. It sounds like the parts of the book that I would not care for don't consume it. So, I may give it a try. Thanks!
They really only become prominent towards the end. If you end up giving it a shot let me know! Thanks for checking out the review.
Jem Tomarong wrote:This book is one of my genre. It usually happened to Christians around the world; the so-called "chruchianity. I like the way you wrote it.
Thank you! I think you really might enjoy this book then! Let me know if you end up giving it a read. Thanks for checking out the review.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I am loving its plot . And great selection of topic of the book
Admirable review??
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I am loving its plot . And great selection of topic of the book
Admirable review??
Thank you! It has a great plot and the topics covered are really interesting!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

The lost art of Christian meditation? Now that sure sounds interesting coupled with something extra on knowing about the 'enemy mind'. I never cease exploring,so this book's a definite stop.
An enjoyable review,thanks.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”