Review of On Spirits

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Legacy of Lies by Ed Marohn

Review of On Spirits

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "On Spirits" by Dr. Joseph M. Feagan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

People wonder why things happen the way they do and are often uncontrollable by human factors. Neither does science explain those events, nor does philosophy. On Spirits: The World Hidden Volume II by Dr. Joseph Michael Feagan shows a different realm that some have believed in for ages and the denial in the present scientific world. The spiritual control of humans and the earth is evident yet known to few. This book will help you discover more about this area.

This book provides insight into the belief that exists and is yet to be proven. The author gave the testimonies of many individuals who have encountered spirits, either personally or within their communities. The majority of this book centers on shamanism, in which Santeria is dominant. Although there are stories from Africans and Indians, the majority of the work is centered in Cuba.

One thing is evident: there are spirits (aliens) that exist, but scientifically proving it seems impossible since each person's experience is unique to them. The peculiarity of all the spirits is the use of humans of different ages as mediums and their willingness to be used, although there are cases of forceful acceptance of one by the spirit. This book does not have a religion it supports. Rather, it shows the work of spirit in different religions.

I love that reading this book made me see things differently, such as a change of life where one dies as a sacrifice for the saints for another to live. Santeros does that, and Paleros does so. I still have questions concerning the use of spirit to one's benefit, and I am looking forward to researching them.

I also loved how the author explained the acceptance of the gift (the ability to see spirits), medium (the ability of spirits to use humans as vessels), and different rituals undertaken to communicate with these spirits, such as bembé for Santeria. Many individuals who communicate with spirits have different lifestyles, and some use the spirits either for good or bad. Furthermore, I appreciate how intentional the author was in regard to the book's editing, as it was perfect.

This book is interesting, and I recommend it, especially to those who want to discover more about spirit or want to know what religion to embrace. I also recommend this book for those in search of answers to the invisible world. Although this book does not give answers to all my questions, its revelation of the unexplainable experiences of people was helpful. There was nothing I disliked about the book, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

On Spirits
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”