Review of Fear To Freedom

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Pogpog and the Magic Grapes by Ebba Kay

Review of Fear To Freedom

Post by Salome Ogani »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear To Freedom" by Dr Keith L Marshall, PsyD, MHD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In life's transformative journeys, few narratives are as captivating as the one written by Dr. Keith L. Marshall, PsyD, MHD, in his book, Fear To Freedom: From Dumpster to Doctor. In this book, Dr. Marshall invites readers on a deeply personal journey, unveiling the layers of his past with raw honesty and vulnerability. His parents' divorce when he was young cast a shadow over his formative years, leaving him and his siblings in the care of their mother in Philadelphia. He grew up in an environment full of gangs and had the worst kind of abuse from his babysitter. His stepfather also contributed to making life harder for him as well. But would all these things stop him from being the best in his field and achieving success?

This book offers an exploration of the human spirit's resilience and the power of perseverance. As of when this book was written, Dr. Marshall stands as a beacon of hope and inspiration, serving as the chief executive officer of Dedicato Treatment Center Inc., a renowned institution licensed by the California Department of Health Care Services. Through his candid storytelling, Dr. Marshall unveils the human condition in all its rough edges, laying bare the trials and tribulations that molded him into the man he is today. His words resonate with a universal truth: that within each of us lies the capacity to rise above adversity, transcend the limitations imposed by circumstance, and forge a path toward personal and professional fulfillment.

I so much love how the author rose above drug addiction. As I read this book, I was confronted with a stark truth: that addiction is a merciless enemy capable of reducing even the strongest among us to a mere shadow of ourselves. Yet, it is in the author's portrayal of his descent into the depths of substance abuse that the true essence of his story emerges. Watching him turn his life around was so gratifying, and I strongly recommend this book to anyone who feels that they are a failure and cannot amount to much in life. This book is bound to change their perspective and make them look at life differently. There was nothing I disliked about this book, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The book was also professionally edited.

Fear To Freedom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”