Official Review: America IS God's Chosen Republic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Official Review: America IS God's Chosen Republic

Post by juliusotinyo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "America IS God's Chosen Republic" by Thomas Davis.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

America IS God’s chosen republic, is a non-fiction novel by Dr. Thomas E. Davis, a retired US army colonel. The Kindle for PC version had approximately 210 pages. The book presents a brief history of how “America’s destiny was pre-planned by God,” almost 14 billion years ago and its rise to current world domination – rise of American Exceptionalism. But, the author questions the lack of moral values championed by the current administration of Barry Soetoro-Obama (before you ask me who this is, just keep reading). This book is self-published and and was released in mid 2016.

God stands before a chasm and sets forth in motion events that would lead to the big bang theory. Enter Abraham billions of years later, a descendant of Japheth. His descendants lead to the establishment of the nation of Israel – a nation for Jews and Christians. Some of these descendants end up as the Christian puritans that settled in the New World in 1607.

Through faith and prayer, they survived harsh weather and hostile natives to preserve their way of life. A life hard won by escaping a tyrannical government that infringed on their faith and beliefs. They would later prosper, fight a war against Britain and forge to form a nation almost 200 years later – the USA. The Christian founding fathers envisioned a state that ascribed to Judeo-Christian values.

From the onset, dissenting forces driven by factualism and other liberal agendas threatened these hard worn values. By the early 19th century, under President Andrew Jackson, the moral fiber set by the founding statesmen began to unwind. A broad conspiracy that undermined faith began that spanned decades. It continued under different administrations to the current one run by Barry Soetoro-Obama (Barrack Hussein Obama). This coordinated system involved lethargic branches of government and a gross misinterpretation of the constitution.

So, what’s next for this great nation? America need to rid itself of the obscene vales perpetuated by the current administration. The author presents 11 non-prioritized changes to the constitution. Which partly includes; introduction of term limits for all political offices and the removal of the party system – factualism.

America IS God’s chosen republic, catchy title right? I know, it is the reason I chose this book. This title makes me want to question my role in this world as a non-American. I was interested to see these points, at the very least, understand if I need to be applying for a Green card soon. But, such bold statements have been made before.

World beating dynasties like the Roman and Archaemenid dynasties come to power riding on the wills of their respective gods. Their religions were absolute at the time and yet they still fell - driven by corruption, greed and pride. Preserving such a powerful dynasty (current USA) involves great resolve to prevent these vices. Some believe God is the answer, others have more drastic measures in mind. I say, the future is too dynamic; interpreting such information is usually subjective as human behavior is notoriously unpredictable. So, I can neither confirm nor deny this claim of a God chosen nation.

I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars. This book had a salacious and scandalous tone, it reads like a gossip or propaganda piece. A no-holds-barred opinion piece supported by equally refutable right-leaning references. I must warn readers that the language and opinions used in this book are extreme and I would not recommend it to anyone. A lot of swearing and curse words are used to describe various American leaders or their close associates. Truthful or not, I'd not encourage such language to actual people and especially if I consider myself a true Christian.

I must also point out that I do not support any of the named leaders or their alternatives. I have zero interest in world politics, I do find it amusing though. The only point that appealed to me in this book was the author's opposition to the formation of political dynasties. This, at least, is not unique to Americans. My own country has failed in this regard as well.

This book was poorly edited; the errors were too many to list. For instance, chapter 8 is placed both before and after chapter 9. The addenda are also duplicated after chapter 9 and in the final chapter 8. Many sentences also ended with a comma instead of a full-stop.

America IS God's Chosen Republic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like juliusotinyo's review? Post a comment saying so!
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Barry Soetoro-Obama. OK, where did that name originate from! Must've been the Trump supporters from last year.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Alicnim wrote:Barry Soetoro-Obama. OK, where did that name originate from! Must've been the Trump supporters from last year.
Politics is intriguing as you see people lose their minds over such trivial things. As a Kenyan, there was some pride in having the son of a Kenyan as the leader of the free world. I think that excitement ended, when people realized he was never our president. Well, to answer you, I don't care what he's real name is. His legacy, I think USA has had worse Presidents.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Wow! This definitely isn't a book for me - something I figured based on the title and your review of it just confirmed.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

ritah wrote:Wow! This definitely isn't a book for me - something I figured based on the title and your review of it just confirmed.
Yeah, I kinda liked the name. The book is real intense. But, the author makes sense to some degree.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

juliusotinyo wrote:
ritah wrote:Wow! This definitely isn't a book for me - something I figured based on the title and your review of it just confirmed.
Yeah, I kinda liked the name. The book is real intense. But, the author makes sense to some degree.

I like to think I'm open-minded and every now and then I like to hear/read about different points of view,
but I appreciate it when these
points of view
are substantiated by credible evidence. If I ever chose to read this book it would be purely to try and understand the author's point of view - which I'm sure is held by quite a number of people.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Sadly, it is held by a large number of people. Doing this review I really tried to be accommodative. What surprises me always is the harsh intolerance expressed by supposedly holy people.

The references offered by the author had strong right-leaning views.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Please do not let the title or this book question your role in this world as a non-American. People that take extreme views like this author are viewed by most Americans as insane/extreme. Americans are very patriotic but we are also a very diverse people.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

CatInTheHat wrote:Please do not let the title or this book question your role in this world as a non-American. People that take extreme views like this author are viewed by most Americans as insane/extreme. Americans are very patriotic but we are also a very diverse people.
Thanks, all the Americans I know on a personal basis, don't share such extreme views. This author was extreme. But, I still appreciate the perspectives. Gives me a global view.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This book should be classified as extreme fantasy. I have no intention whatsoever to read this book. Period.

Thanks for your non-recommendation. The title is ridiculous. The author swears a lot. The writing is a mess. Who will want to read this book? Sometimes, freedom of expression can be taken to the extreme
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Book doesn't seems interesting to me . Thank you for your honest review ??
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Miriam Molina wrote:This book should be classified as extreme fantasy. I have no intention whatsoever to read this book. Period.

Thanks for your non-recommendation. The title is ridiculous. The author swears a lot. The writing is a mess. Who will want to read this book? Sometimes, freedom of expression can be taken to the extreme
Molina,
Thanks, this book is not an easy read. He claims it's an epiphany from God.

Nazir,
I am assuming you are Muslim. This book talks very negatively about Muslims. You are better off not reading this book.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Even if this book is too bad for you but i really wanted to read this book. Maybe because, I love to read books especially when it tackles about Jewish people. I like your review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Readandsmile,
I strongly believe the content of this book is mere propaganda. I have never believed in the prospect of "God's chosen," this to me is a political statement not a religious one. Want to read Jewish, you are better off with Bennaroch's or Shlomo's work.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

To begin with, it felt that this must be great book. But now I am pretty sure it's not for me. Thank you for an honest review Julius.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”