Official Review: Psychoactive Pharmacology; Digital Scree...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Official Review: Psychoactive Pharmacology; Digital Scree...

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Psychoactive Pharmacology; Digital Screening and Driving Risk" by Edeaghe Ehikhamenor & Hope Obianwu.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What is the most alluring piece in this world that takes you to hell disguised as heaven? Without any second thoughts, one can answer it : Drugs. Aren't they? Well, Psychoactive pharmacology ; digital screening and driving risk is an informative stack of knowledge on drugs, their affects on driving, and screening tests for the detection of these fatal substances. This stack of knowledge is written by Edeaghe Ehikhamenor and Hope Obianwu.

This analytical book offers a vast study of road users' consumption of psychoactive substances that include alcohol, cocaine and other drugs in Nigeria, highlighting the loss of lives that they costed and are still costing. It is an exclusive study of the major types of drugs, which includes their origin, their constitutive compounds, their effects on humans and during driving, and also their use in medical and recreational purposes. It examines psychoactive drug screening methods which involve the detection of drugs using nails, sweat, saliva and blood, as well as depict their ratio of validity. Moreover, it describes the use of driving simulators to evaluate skills impairment after drinking alcoholic beverages. Furthermore, it illustrates the progress of these screening methods all around the globe, as well as whether or not different countries allow these tests on their locals. On the whole, it is a book to raise awareness on drugs, driving safety and their fatal results.

As much as I appreciate the writer's work, my words won't be enough to define what a hardworking soul he is. Like seriously, I was amazed to see how can a single person gather so much information about drugs, their major and minor types, the plants from where they are extracted and processed and much more, as I have mentioned above. Legends say that "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island". I guess they meant this quote for this specific book, because it has a diverse circle of information that pushes one to climb up steps of awareness. And that in turn, will motivate one to shed away bad habits like taking fatal drugs and driving after taking drugs because it doesn't only risk your life but also of others around you. It did add a lot to my knowledge, like facts that adding eye's Vaseline to urine during the test will allow you to pass your test of detection of drugs due to change in pH. Aren't you amazed by this fact? Well, yes! I am aware that it's called cheating. Moreover, there are many more facts and useful stuff.

The author did plot a lot of graphs and tables that depicted every concept's details more appreciably. It also differentiated between the ratios of males and females in crimes (taking drugs and driving afterwards), keeping your lane while driving as well as crossing speed limit, that's interesting! Talking about the dull side, that doesn't exist because I didn't find anything bad that I can complain about. No grammatical errors, no spoilers and nothing to upset my mood.

Overall, I did enjoy reading it, and it was more like that it was charging my brain at a power of megawatts. I would rate it 4 out of 4 because it is a masterpiece to admire without any flaw. If you are looking for a piece to add up to your knowledge along with enjoying it, then this is the perfect one for you.

Psychoactive Pharmacology; Digital Screening and Driving Risk
View: on Bookshelves

Like Darakhshan Nazir's review? Post a comment saying so!
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

Brilliant review, though I don't see many drug users taking the time to read this, so it won't make much difference to them. I also find the inclusion of was to beat the drug test to be most disturbing, so any that do read this will be safe from detection. I really think this should be written out of what could be a great help to friends of families of drug abusers to set the abusers on the right path.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

Amazing review. I haven't read the book yet but I do know drugs is a major issue. For instance, here in Kenya, there was time people were dying in thousands because of drinking and driving. It was so serious that the government had to come up with an alcoblow law. Police check points were placed on every road and the police would stop cars driving at abnormally high speeds and tell the drivers to blow into the alcoblow to test there alcohol content. If it is high, you would be jailed and forced to pay a fine. The government then banned long distance travel at night. This reduced the number of road accidents but still, it's not an issue completely solved.

Drugs are like staring a white shark in eye everyday and daring it to do its worst. Then one day the shark takes you up on your offer and it does its worst. It tears you piece by piece until only a pool of blood is left to act as evidence that you actually did live on earth. Drugs are like a man standing on a cliff and with every step he takes, he comes closer and closer to the edge. Then one day he attempts to take another step while standing on that edge of the cliff and before he knows it, he is falling so fast and all he can see are the rocks below and feel the air in his face. He attempts to scream, but his voice is frozen then his life flashes before his eyes right before his head hits the rocks.

Taking drugs is like knocking on deaths door everyday. Then one day, death opens the door, embraces you with a kiss and welcomes you cheerfully to its house telling you to feel free and take all you want from its house. You cheerfully walk in thinking to yourself how lucky you are only to realize when it's too late, that the door was a one way street. What goes in, never comes out.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
Hassan Atampur Amali
Currently Reading: Chasing Diana - Perception Vs. Reality
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Hassan Atampur Amali »

The carnage in our roads this days and the act of terrorism in some parts of Africa and the Westerns was as a result of drugs and substance abuse. The book entitle: "psychoactive pharmacology; Digital screening and driving Risk" it an interesting book to read, even though i have not read it thoroughly, its a book that would create an awareness of drugs and substance abuse.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

This book sounds very informative, congrats to the author for a job well done. Thank you for the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a very informative book. As long as the research was done in a professional manner and unbiased, it is something that I would enjoy reading. Thanks for a good review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

My first job was in a lab 10 years ago doing pharmacological tests for a large multinational. Sounds like just the book for me. I admire research books.
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by El-kanah »

Yeah, drugs is a major problem in Nigeria, let me say Africa as a whole. But it's just that drug dealers don't take time to read books like this.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Albert Obeng
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Albert Obeng »

A good review there. It gives an informative concept of drugs and how dangerous they are to us. The issue is many of those involved in this addictive behavior have no time reading educative books like this. I hope as time goes on and more books as this are written less case of drug related incidence will be heard. Good review ones again.
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

Well done dear. Excellent review. I wish substance users would take a cue from this book. Once again Nazir, you nailed this. Cheers dear
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg
Darakhshan Nazir

Thank you so much for appreciating my review ???? means a lot.
And yes surely it is a topic of awareness. Great job done by author .
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

This is a lot to take in. And although your review is very insightful and the book seems knowledgable, I dont think it is for me.
Darakhshan Nazir

ReviewerDiksha wrote:This is a lot to take in. And although your review is very insightful and the book seems knowledgable, I dont think it is for me.
everyone has a different taste .Thank you for your time ??
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Great review! You did a really good job of summarizing a lot of information. Drugs like these are an epidemic. I'm glad to see someone has taken their time to research these drugs, their backgrounds and their effects on people. I think it's interesting that he includes talking about the screening tests as well. I've always wondered about those, especially being able to test some of them quickly to see if driver's are under the influence. Because sadly, people don't always seem to think that taking drugs and driving is driving under the influence. A lot of people I know only equate that with alcohol.
Darakhshan Nazir

Mallory Whitaker wrote:Great review! You did a really good job of summarizing a lot of information. Drugs like these are an epidemic. I'm glad to see someone has taken their time to research these drugs, their backgrounds and their effects on people. I think it's interesting that he includes talking about the screening tests as well. I've always wondered about those, especially being able to test some of them quickly to see if driver's are under the influence. Because sadly, people don't always seem to think that taking drugs and driving is driving under the influence. A lot of people I know only equate that with alcohol.
yes I feel the same about that !

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”