Review of Why Are We Here?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 303
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: How To Last Many Hours In Sex by Les Rico

Review of Why Are We Here?

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Why Are We Here?" by Naveed Bari.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Naveed Bari, a born Muslim who practices the faith, began to wonder why humans are here on this planet and why we exist at all. Even those who believe in an evolutionary approach to creation cannot deny that we exist and live on Earth; the question is why. "Why are We Here?" provides some context based on the author's extensive research and personal understanding of the answers to these questions. Both theists and atheists must maintain an open mind in order to fully appreciate the contents of this work.

I appreciate the book's careful exploration of the author's mind. Right from the first concept that we are here on Earth for a reason, the open-mindedness in this regard made me view such a question with respect. Even though he was born a Muslim, the author was interested in many other religions, including evolution, and this additional knowledge enriched his approach. As a result, while there are many Qur'anic excerpts, references from other sources allow Jews, Hindus, Christians, and evolutionists to properly relate to the book's content. However, it was emphasized that these were his thoughts, and as expected, others may have a different opinion.

This book used a variety of concepts to explain the author's thoughts, all of which were expressed clearly. Cause and effect is a physical phenomenon, but from a spiritual or non-physical standpoint, the same thing occurs but with a less immediate effect. Creation or evolution could lead to the grand purpose of our lives, which could be on a different plane after we die. Here, I just oversimplified a few of the examples the author used to express his ideas. These would not be fully appreciated, however, if one has a prejudice against anything not seen. Such simplicity made the thought process easy to understand and appreciate.

"Why Are We Here?: Answering the Big Questions" suggests some possibilities for our primary purpose on this planet. The perfectly clear expressions aided my comprehension, but I give this a less than perfect 4 out of 5. The errors that I discovered are the sole reason for that deduction, as I thoroughly enjoyed every other aspect of this book. As I previously stated, leaving one's religious beliefs at the door is critical to fully appreciating the beauty of this book.

Why Are We Here?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”