Official Review: Ex-Rich Girl Tells All by Kami Corban

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: "The Amazing A-Muse-ing Lillian" by Maria Bakalis
2017 Reading Goal: 52
Goal Completion: 100

Re: Official Review: Ex-Rich Girl Tells All by Kami Corban

Post by bookowlie » 22 Aug 2017, 08:24

Thanks Researcher. We all have our own genre preferences. That's why it's good that there is such a variety of books out there :) Although the writing lacks emotion, I still enjoyed the book.
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing

CatInTheHat
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Shattered Lives
Bookshelf Size: 422
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: "Tales from a Mad Man's Wife" by Marilyn Miller Skylar
Goal Completion: 105

Post by CatInTheHat » 22 Aug 2017, 08:37

I went back & forth as to whether I wanted to review this book when it came up in my options. I went with a "no" as from the brief description, I thought it would bore me to tears. It sounds like it was much better than I expected it would be.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: "The Amazing A-Muse-ing Lillian" by Maria Bakalis
Goal Completion: 100

Post by bookowlie » 23 Aug 2017, 10:04

CatInTheHat wrote:I went back & forth as to whether I wanted to review this book when it came up in my options. I went with a "no" as from the brief description, I thought it would bore me to tears. It sounds like it was much better than I expected it would be.
That's exactly what happened to me. :) I was undecided about whether to select the book when I initially saw it on the list. For a while, it was the "bridesmaid" to a few other books I picked up instead!
As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction. - Irish blessing

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”