Review of AfterLife

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: The Impatient American by Patrick J Roelle / Mr. Pat

Review of AfterLife

Post by Salome Ogani »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "AfterLife" by E. Vince.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

AfterLife: There Will Be Trouble by E. Vince presents Christianity as a source of comfort, hope, and peace in the midst of tribulations. As the theme "The redemption of God in our hearts and minds" implies, it depicts God as a loving father who gave everyone free will and is welcoming to everyone regardless of their pasts and life decisions. It suggests what life after death could look like—the involvement of God in our lives even when we are unaware.

Karen, a dying woman with a congenital heart disorder, tries to bring her family together in the short time she has. A perpetually angry and frustrated husband and a rebellious teenage daughter are sure to make her efforts fruitless. With only her young son willing to openly share in her pain, she dies with regrets and worry. The other side appeared to be the opposite of everything she's ever had, offering so much joy, comfort, and new knowledge she found exciting. But even the prospect of an exciting spiritual journey couldn't keep her mind away from worrying about the family she left behind. This brought about the reason for a rescue mission with the help of an angel and a new family she found in the afterlife. Get a copy of this book to find out more.

I love that this book brings hope to people who hold Christianity and God close to their hearts. It sheds light on values, the ripple effect of decisions, the imperfections of human nature, darkness and how undeserving we are on earth, the unconditional love of God, and the purpose of free will. It shows how differently people can react to the same situation. It also brings a fresh perspective to the view of the afterlife and the effect of the intensity of negative human emotions.

I found the concept of "Paradise" interesting, even more so for its details and sophistication. How the dead appear as infants spiritually until they attain spiritual growth, the Belush'ya school of young souls being a catalyst, the assignment of buddies, an angel as a guardian, the reunion of families, tribal and angelic family positions—all of this offers a new view to the several existing ones of what exists after death. Demons, depicted as shadows, and their growth, fueled by how much power we give them, further prove that negative energy grows only when we feed it. I also loved the thoughtful maps and drawings that were added to the book.

As much as this book would give hope to the right audience, it might evoke arguments among critics and people of conflicting beliefs. I'd recommend this book to religious people who are going through dark times, whose faith is dwindling, and who doubt the presence of God in their lives. It would also be a good read for people who seek a fresh perspective on the issue of the afterlife. There were no errors in this book, and I'll rate it a 5 out of 5 stars because I disliked nothing about it.

AfterLife
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1021
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This is just another confirmation that no one knows what will happen after death No one ha ever been there and come back. I am willing to appreciate the comfort that this depiction hold. Thanks!
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the fact that this book presents Christianity in a positive light. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”