The Miracle Ship By Brian O'Hare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Miracle Ship By Brian O'Hare

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Conversations With John Gillespie

THE MIRACLE SHIP BY BRIAN O'HARE:

A wonderful book of courage and deep abiding faith, The Miracle Ship, is a must for Christian and non Christian alike. The life of a deeply faithful man, John Gillespie, who endured pain unimaginable, and prayed unceasingly for healing. He discovered we must believe the miracle will be manifested before God will show his power.

Gillespie believes praying and begging unending will not force God to manifest healing until we believe without a shadow of doubt and know the miracle has occurred; even if we have not seen it yet. Gillespie's understanding and faith grew as he's tormented by pain; given no hope from doctors, the Great Physician perfected Gillespie's miracle. Gillespie believes Satan's always ready to place doubt in our minds, he states must hold fast to God's promise and never stop praying, fasting, and believing.

"ask in faith with no doubting: James 1:6"

Gillespie found God test and tries each of us. In this testing, we become stronger and have a deeper abiding faith in God. Resisting God's call to a healing ministry, Gillespie found he could not ignore God's plan for him. He would receive gifts of the Holy Spirit and much more. When his child's deviled by Satan, he came to understand God was teaching him of demons. He also discovered he could not fight God's will; he must surrender his life to God's plans. From this point his life was never the same; he must do the work God planned for him.

Gillespie performed many miracles through Jesus Our Savior, healing many immediately, others manifested later. For it was not him performing these miracles, but God in his infinite power and mercy. Regardless of what we are fervently asking him to heal, God decides what will be healed and when to manifest the healing. Gillespie believes we must remove all stumbling blocks which stop God's healing such as unforgiveness, guilt, resentment, contempt, past hurts, grudges, or bitterness.

Gillespie advises prayers of faith are essential for healing to occur. We must believe our prayers of faith and trust God will perform. For without fervent faith prayers and belief, no healing can occurs whether it is for the illness of the spirit/mind or physical body.

"The prayer of faith will heal the sick man and the Lord will raise him up "

John Gillespie gives all the glory to God for his powers; only our Savior heals. I found John Gillespie's faith awe-inspiring. A devote Catholic, John's faith in God's unending promises was something to behold. The cases revealed in The Miracle Ship are humbling and inspiring. Satan did his best to defeat John and God, even trying to take the life of one of his children, however, our God is more powerful than any demon or Satan himself.

Gillespie cautions to be beware of "New Age Therapies" such as crystals, oils, and practices, as they could lead to danger. He states some European countries prepared these using pagan rituals, which do not have God in them. The New Age Movement, Gillespie advises, is opposed to Christianity. He clarifies this statement with excellent examples. John states:

"New Agers are going into drawing powers from Hindu, Shinto, Taoism, and other Eastern religions and are trying to adapt them into Christian practice." They're breaking the first commandment which is "Thou shalt have no strange gods before me".

I had a better understanding of the New Age Movement after reading this book. He gives excellent insight into this movement and its dangers, including fortune tellers. Gillespie tackles the subject of curses, which can go back generations in a family; giving examples, he clarifies curses are real and why. Gillespie also expounded on exorcism in detail and provided insightful examples. Gillespie reveals how the Lord led him to preach in addition to his healing ministry.

None of what Gillespie experienced happened over night; it's years in the making as God revealed his plans and led him forward. I found The Miracle Ship a thought-provoking and enlightening book. I realize this review ran longer than usual, however, each time I tried to end the review, I realized I must include something else.

As Christians, we have infinite power available which can be tapped with prayers of faith and steadfast belief in God and his word. Gillespie inspires the reader. I found the questions and answers at the end enlightening. Brian O'Hare's writing's clear, flows smoothly, easy to follow, and understand as he chronicled John Gillespie's life story. I could not read The Miracle Ship fast enough; I highly recommend this book.
THE MIRACLE SHIP RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

A testament to faith in God, his abiding love, and unfailing power to perform miracles, I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend. This book would make a wonderful gift for anyone on their birthday, anniversary, or just as a gift from the heart. I wish I could meet this man of God, and that I could be the instrument he became through God.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I purchased this book and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest book review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Furthermore, no one influenced my voluntary book review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”