Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Non-Fiction Books

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Official Review: Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.

Official Review: Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and ...

Post Number:#1 by Dh_
» 19 Jul 2017, 12:25

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by Dh_
Share This Review

As we go through life, we experience different things and face a variety of obstacles. Some people live through situations that others can’t even begin to imagine, and they decide to tell their story later on. In Nobody Cares Who You Are: The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie by Larry Acquaviva, the author chooses to tell his personal story. The book is based on his life and explores themes such as childhood innocence, the power of imagination, and life in a dysfunctional family. Acquaviva tells his story as a compilation of significant events in his lifetime and describes the effect each experience had on him.

Written in the first person, the book starts off with the narrator explaining how he views his life and a short explanation of the stories he would tell in later chapters. The stories officially start with a general introduction of who the narrator is and where the story takes place. The author organizes his book as a chronological series of stories that describe different situations that impacted his life. He begins by telling tales of his early childhood, when his family and everything around him seemed normal until, finally, strange things start happening to him. As a young child, he thought everything was perfectly normal, even though he went through many tough situations.

The book progresses as the narrator tells his tales of growing up and explains how his reactions at that moment compare to his reaction, as an adult, looking back on those times. He talks about violence, drugs, and even abuse, since these were the things that impacted him the most. However, no matter how difficult the situation was growing up, he describes his optimistic outlook on life as a young child and how his imagination played a part in how he viewed the world.

My first impression of this book was that it would be a simple telling of someone’s life. I was not expecting the detailed descriptions of situations that would, normally, be hard to tell others. The author had quite a difficult childhood, from what I could tell, but I really liked how his childish optimism affected the way he interpreted his situation. I also really enjoyed the plot twists that came with every story, because I never saw them coming. It always seemed like he was going to tell a regular story, then it turned into something with a more powerful message and revealed quite a lot about the people who he grew up with. The author also made sure to explain the culture in Detroit in this time and include a small description of how the city looked, which made it easier to understand how the events unfolded. I really liked the way the book was written, as well. I did not find any grammar or spelling mistakes and it was coherent from start to finish.

I must say that I was impressed with this book. It was far more interesting than I originally thought and often surprised me. It is one of those books that make it impossible to predict what will happen next, which kept me wanting to read more. I would recommend this book to anyone, because it talks about a lot of things that, fortunately, not everyone is exposed to. These are things that still happen in the world today, yet people are not aware of it because they don’t see it. It was strange and exciting to hear about these things and see them through somebody else’s eyes. Since I enjoyed the book and there were no grammatical errors, I am going to give it 4 out of 4 stars. This book was filled with surprises from start to finish and shows how imagination impacts a young child.

Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie
View: on Bookshelves

Like Dh_'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Dh_

Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: Carry On
Currently Reading: Nobody cares who you are
Bookshelf Size: 112 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 32%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Official Review: Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and

Post Number:#2 by Ndayisabayamado3
» 10 Aug 2017, 10:49

Amazing! but life will be history never mind at all ,the child's life is terrible and dream for him to overcome situation, finally he saw it's possible
Ndayisabayamado3

Currently Reading: I Can't Make This Up
Bookshelf Size: 15 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#3 by The Researcher
» 11 Aug 2017, 07:05

Nice review! But I think this book is not for me.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
The Researcher's Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
The Researcher

Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 95 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 158%

Post Number:#4 by kandscreeley
» 11 Aug 2017, 08:50

I do occasionally get in the mood for a good autobiography like this. It sounds like he went through quite a bit. Thanks for a lovely review.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader

Currently Reading: Luna
Bookshelf Size: 88 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 71%

Post Number:#5 by derekkirima
» 12 Aug 2017, 03:55

I find the book interesting to read and the hardship the author passed through in his early life will be very encouraging for others who are going through hardships they perceive to be unbearable and give them hope that they are not the only ones facing such traumatic experiences with the hope that things will be better one day. It's good that the book did not have any grammatical errors. Thanks for the good review.
derekkirima

Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 35 books

Post Number:#6 by Abfaniki
» 15 Aug 2017, 13:21

When an author write abuout childhood vs adulthood the theme usualy ecoh the saying "I wish I know what I know now back then." Great review.
I will definaltu add this to my want to read shelf
Abfaniki's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Abfaniki

Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 4%

Post Number:#7 by Ndayisabayamado3
» 17 Aug 2017, 10:02

Yes you are right, may be it's happening nowadays, Have you ever passed through this traumatic conditions?
Ndayisabayamado3

Currently Reading: I Can't Make This Up