Official Review: Daily Affirmations for Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Official Review: Daily Affirmations for Love

Post by k2rugman »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Daily Affirmations for Love" by Mamiko Odegard.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daily Affirmations for Love: 365 Days of Love in Thought and Action by Mamiko Odegard is a book that provides daily excerpts filled with advice and instruction on how to strengthen your relationship with your significant other. The author dedicates this book to her husband and many excerpts reference experiences and events they have shared as a married couple.

Everyone likes confirmation that their relationship is headed in the right direction. I was excited to read this book with my husband and try to implement the tasks the author assigned for each day. I read the first few pages and found myself laughing out loud at the sickly sweet sentiments. I found myself rolling my eyes on a number of occasions because some of the daily affirmations seemed sappy and ridiculous.

Despite the overflow of verbal affection, I did feel that there was validity to some of the activities. Odegard has been a life coach and a psychologist for more than 30 years. She has also been happily married for more than 40 years. She is clearly knowledgeable in effective ways to opening the lines of communication in romantic relationships. She speaks frankly on the topics of anger, priorities, intimacy, and the pitfalls of miscommunication. Each day she advises the couple to discuss a decided topic, practice a certain level of intimacy, or revisit old memories and feelings.

Even though I found many of the pages comical rather than romantic, I did enjoy this book. I appreciated that each day’s chapter was often less than a page. It was not filled with mindless psychobabble but easy to read advice that took you back to the fundamentals to remind you of what makes your relationship successful. Also, if you just wanted to practice the daily affirmations, you could simply read the bold sentences everyday that give the instructions for the activity.

I give Daily Affirmations for Love: 365 Days of Love in Thought and Action by Mamiko Odegard 3 out of 4 stars. Regardless of a few grammatical errors, I would recommend this book to anyone looking to rekindle the flames of their relationship. It was an easy read with each chapter short enough to be read with your significant other during breakfast or even before bed. If you can withstand saccharine sentences that fill you to the brim with love for your romantic partner, then this is the book for you.

Daily Affirmations for Love
View: on Bookshelves

Like k2rugman's review? Post a comment saying so!
Retriz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Retriz »

I like this book it enhances the skills to maintain a relationship.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

Yes, it certainly does!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It sounds interesting. Yet, I too would probably be laughing at the sticky sweetness. Thanks for the review. I probably won't pick this one up.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
John Cand
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-cand.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by John Cand »

This sounds really cool. Great review!
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Dj Hoodrich
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Dj Hoodrich »

Daily Affirmations for love is a powerful relationship advisor, kudos
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

Wow! From your review, Daily Affirmations for Love seem practical to me and that's cool but since I'm not in the couple category, I think I'll skip this one. Thanks for the review.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Aruna kone
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aruna kone »

I like the book,it will help me strengthen my relationship with my family
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Voww! This book seems really interesting. I am definitely going to read it :)
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Great review! I like it! Women always wanted an affirmation from the husband. A very nice book for the couple.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

If there is something I want to get right in my life is marriage. Sure I would like a succesful career but marriage is one thing I wouldn't want to fail in.If this book provides the pointers to achieving just that, then I would by all means possible get my hands on it.good review
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”